JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
River Raider oilpan/tranny, evap/air tank skids & a D30 RuffStuff Specialties "Bomb Proof" diff cover. I've got one for rear too but I didn't have enough gear oil on hand to do the swap. They look like they will live up to the name.

Dropped the coin on some lubelockers while I was at it.

Install was pretty straight forward though I had to dig around here for a how-to on the evap skid. Found this: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24817

Thanks a ton RubiZealot, I drove around for a week with the evap can rattlin around on top of the skid because I couldn't figure out how to mount the damn thing.

Anyhow, on to pics.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That looks great scott. Snerkell for me next, then that evap armor. Then oil/tranny/trans protection. Was that evap install that complicated or just no instructions?

Lookin good, lookin good

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
looking good. I got my RR oil pan skid on, just need to get the tranny skid installed....those are some beefy diff covers,

I saw a siphon tank for changing oil through the dip stick tube yesterday at tractor supply that I think I'm gonna buy and try on my next oil change so I don't fill my skid plates full of oil.. hopefully it work. I'm thinking get the majority of the oil out with that and then pull the plug to see how much is left and to drain any of the bottm crap out...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks great scott. Snerkell for me next, then that evap armor. Then oil/tranny/trans protection. Was that evap install that complicated or just no instructions?

Lookin good, lookin good
Thanks, no the evap skid just came with no instructions. It was easy enough to figure out how to assemble and bolt to the Jeep but I had no clue outside of that. You have to chop off both ends of the stock bracket, flip it, drill a couple holes and bolt it to the skid. FWIW, now it's throwing a code P0138. Looked it up and it supposed to be an O2 sensor over voltage. I didn't touch any of that junk so I don't know whats up... The big hose coming off the off the tank is a bit kinked so I figure that's why. The hose is pretty stiff. May have to replace with a more flexible hose.

looking good. I got my RR oil pan skid on, just need to get the tranny skid installed....those are some beefy diff covers,

I saw a siphon tank for changing oil through the dip stick tube yesterday at tractor supply that I think I'm gonna buy and try on my next oil change so I don't fill my skid plates full of oil.. hopefully it work. I'm thinking get the majority of the oil out with that and then pull the plug to see how much is left and to drain any of the bottm crap out...
Ya, I was guessing the little access hole wasn't going to cut it... Been looking for a small mouth funnel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts