Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dumb newb post... hit the back button and don't shoot me! lol

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lol, the search button.

But I wave when ever I see a wrangler. Pretty much only wranglers, but if I see a nicely lifted xj, I'll wave.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, the search button.
Alright, so I asked a newb question, lol. Next time I'll do a search before starting a thread... looks like waive threads in particular infuriate members to the point of contemplating manslaughter, though. lol

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Haha, I just think it's funny. There is a numerous amount of threads. Haha but I guess most are talking about people that don't wave.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know, it's actually kind of confusing to own a Jeep these days... IFS jeeps might as well not exist because no true Jeeper will ever admit that the bloodline was somehow tainted, everyone who owns a ZJ or WJ gets crapped on unless they're running 4+ inches of lift and boggers because Grands aren't "real Jeeps," apparently you have to prove that you're a true Jeep enthusiast if you own anything newer than a YJ, and the poor bastards that own YJs get crapped on for having square headlights of all things, lol. IMHO, you don't have to be a CJ owner to get the waive,

I'll freely admit that I do, however, get a little pissed when I see some dude step out of a blinged-out JK with $10k+ worth of trail-riding upgrades that he'll probably never use because I know I'd be on the trails all the time if I had the same setup. Hell I even get a smirk/head-shake from some guys when I step out of my JK in a suit and I grab my briefcase out of the back (attorney), but being able to own my dream Jeep to go trail riding, camping and fishing as much as possible is part of the reason I went to law school and incurred an astronomical amount of student loans! Lol

I'm just tired of it all at this point... it's all a dick-measuring contest to those who would refuse to waive back at any fellow Jeep owner, and I for one will waive at anyone who waives to me first, even a KJ owner! All I know is that I still live by the Jeep slogan of "it's a way of life." I can't wait to take my family where no Town & Country minivan will ever be able to go, which is what I think it's all about.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I will generally initiate a wave to another modded Jeep. If I see a stocker, I'll wave back. Not that I'm an elitist or anything, I just get sick of waving to soccer moms and getting nothing back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noticed and ignored, I guess. lol

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
I always wave (unless spaced out). I don't care what kind of wrangler. I wave at toyo rock crawlers too, as well as lifted XJs.

No big deal to wave and not get one back. Good karma and being neighborly are good for the soul.

Hell I sometimes find myself waving at jeeps when I'm in my BMW. (I love jeeps I guess).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imagine that. College educated and still doesn't know how to spell. :)
Actuly, speling isn't my stronge soot, lol. Nah, just didn't feel like picking on someone who could easily run me over like a possum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will generally initiate a wave to another modded Jeep. If I see a stocker, I'll wave back. Not that I'm an elitist or anything, I just get sick of waving to soccer moms and getting nothing back.
Exactly what he said..... Way too many soccer moms up here in Canada!!! I'd say about 70% of JKU drivers are women that consider there Jeeps as minivans.

·
Registered
108 Posts
true ha

I always wave. When my girlfriend is in the car she usually asks if I got one back. Usually the answer is "nope, rejected again"

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Yay moar waIve threads!

·
Registered
64 Posts
One of the first posts i read after joining this Forum was one about how 'it's a shame, no one even waves any more'. So being a newer Jeeper I decide to try and continue the tradition in my own way. I limit it to Wranglers only, any kind, otherwise I'd be waving all the time here in SoCal....

Hehe, I just got the sp thing ;)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I always wave (unless spaced out). I don't care what kind of wrangler. I wave at toyo rock crawlers too, as well as lifted XJs.

No big deal to wave and not get one back. Good karma and being neighborly are good for the soul.

Hell I sometimes find myself waving at jeeps when I'm in my BMW. (I love jeeps I guess).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Haha, I do that too when I'm driving the wife's car. Kinda just get used to doing it. Of course right after I wave I remember that I'm pretty much in a mini van and they've got to be wondering WhoTF is that guy?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 71 Posts