JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are the most privileged people on the planet. Very few places are earth can you own a Jeep and use it 365 days a year. But what happens when the unexpected happens? Sadly most of us think we are prepared for wheeling. Tools...Parts...Cell phone....Cb.

Scenario

Your out exploring the desert 30 miles away from anything and you come across a truck rolled over. What do you do?

Use your cb?

No cell service either.

In light of recent events it opened up my eyes a bit. I have a spot that I let the service expire. Its better than nothing until now. Spot connect recently came out which lets you connect with your cell via blue tooth and you can text using satellites. Another option is the ham radio or a satellite phone.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=116

SPOT Connect - YouTube

Spot Global Phone

Do you carry? You certainly should. This is something I also shrugged off why do we need to be armed? You never know the situation you may be in could be life or death. Of coarse I don't carry either figured I have enough friends that do. What if you wheel alone?

Insurance

Make sure your insurance is current likely the person that hits you in our fine state won't have it!

Lets discuss

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you have one of the Spot Connect systems Jason: just curious how it work for you?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
As for the armed, I keep a marlin .22lr rifle with 500rds of ammunition hidden somewhere inside of the jeep just incase. Plus I always have my ruger lcp with 2 mags and a glock 27 with 2 mags on my person.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for the armed, I keep a marlin .22lr rifle with 500rds of ammunition hidden somewhere inside of the jeep just incase. Plus I always have my ruger lcp with 2 mags and a glock 27 with 2 mags on my person.
Sounds like your covered!

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts