JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fooling around with the Superchips tech help people for weeks in attempts to get my Flashpac's TPMS to accept a new tire pressure. I have become aware in another forum that others may also have this issue. The only advise I get is to download the latest software, which has not helped in 3 or 4 attempts, and that they will call me when they have a fix. Mine was defective new out of the box. When I suggested they replace the Flashpac, I was told they did not think this would help, which I translate as the software is screwed. The issue may apply to 2013 Wranglers. Not positive.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I have the flash cal and paq. The tpms only lowers pressure to 22 on either programmer. I was also told they were aware of the issue but there was no fix yet. I was also told that on the paq you had to I not all a tune to get the off road option to work...tpms. It didnt.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I just disabled mine. All's good.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the flash cal and paq. The tpms only lowers pressure to 22 on either programmer.
My Flashpac offers the option to reduce to 22, but everytime I do so, the Jeep only reprograms to 29 so that if the pressure is some amount below 29 I get a "inflate to 29" not 22. Crazy. The Jeep will not accept an input of 28 period.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
My Flashpac offers the option to reduce to 22, but everytime I do so, the Jeep only reprograms to 29 so that if the pressure is some amount below 29 I get a "inflate to 29" not 22. Crazy. The Jeep will not accept an input of 28 period.
I had some weirdness too. I thought that maybe I just didn't understand how it was supposed to work. I*thought* I lowered it with the Flashpaq, but as soon as I did, the Jeep kept bugging me to add air... It didn't make much sense to me, so I just set it back and left it.

Since my 37 MTR's and beadlocks are sitting in the shop, I guess I'd better revisit this.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a flashpaq. I was having issues downloading the tpms off-road option onto the module. It took several (like 5-6) attempts of letting the module update with spark, then connecting to the jeep before the option finally showed up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
At my age and as slow as Sparks downloads, I might be dead before getting the fix then............

·
Registered
12 Posts
FlashPac Nothing but Problems!! And they know it.

After talking to Superchips for weeks. Sending my Flashpac back to be reprogrammed along with my PCM.

When I got it back it trashed my transmission. At first my jeep would not start, after three "downloads" recommended by Flashpac it still did not work (that took a week) I was down and with only one vehicle to get to work with I had to borrow a ride.

Three weeks latter I still do not have my Jeep back it is at the dealer trying to find out what happened to it.

SuperChips admitted to me that they did not have a working FlashPac for a 2014 Jeep automatic. Superchips fell off the face of the earth “NO HELP” from them after the last three attempts to fix the problem.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Superchips fell off the face of the earth “NO HELP” from them after the last three attempts to fix the problem.
OUCH! Haven't loaded a performance tune yet, and may never do so. Very bad news.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
After reading around about superchips I decided to return my Jeep to stock settings. When I did that I verified the tire size and tpms setting were also factory. The flashpaq showed the tires correct but the tpms as 55lbs. I redid the return to factory settings and now I have a tpms code saying I need 25lbs of air in my tires. It wont go away.

My Jeep dealer set my tpms at 28 which is the lowest setting I saw on the computer for my make model and year. It wont reset to 28lbs.

The paq cleared all dtc codes but the tpms keeps popping up.

Do I need to drive it around?

Just for grins I plugged in my flashcal and reset the jeep to factory settings and reviewed the tpms. It showed 28lbs but I am still getting the error saying I need 25lbs added despite dtc clearing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tire Size Resize

I used the Flashpac to adjust my tire size from 31" tall to 33." that's where it all went wrong with my jeep.

I got a call from the dealer they are now ordering a new transmission because or all the problems. 3 weeks + down and counting unable to drive my new jeep.

·
Registered
222 Posts
What aev told was to overinflate to 35 or whatever to clear the light and then lower the pressure to whatever you set it to

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was planning on making the flashpaq my next purchase, I guess not.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I brought my Flashpaq back in from the Jeep and updated it. Since I had already tuned the Jeep, the TPMS program was an option to "buy" for free from the store. It took a while to update the unit and "buy" the option, then I had to disconnect/reconnect the Flashpaq, it said there were updates (the TPMS program I just bought) It downloaded and installed in just a few seconds.

I have not had it back out to the Jeep yet, but this explains at least part of my issues in getting it to work the first time.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have not had it back out to the Jeep yet, but this explains at least part of my issues in getting it to work the first time.
Check back when you have a chance to try it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After three weeks I got my jeep back from the dealer too much to list of what they had to do to get it running again.

I WOULD NEVER BUY A SUPERCHIPS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

And for those of you with automatics don’t even think about it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
After three weeks I got my jeep back from the dealer too much to list of what they had to do to get it running again.

I WOULD NEVER BUY A SUPERCHIPS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

And for those of you with automatics don’t even think about it.
You have a 2014?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts