JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2.5 rough country lift and it came with a relocation bracket for the track bar? How safe are these to use?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
If it's a pavement monster it will be fine but if you plan to wheel look for it to probably shear off or some other form of failure. The oem brackets are poor as well. Hit Jason or bond at rebel off road and they will help you out with whatever path you choose.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Trackbar brackets that are designed properly are actually stronger than the stock brackets and provide better handling... can't tell you how rough country's is, but it needs to strengthen the axle bracket either by welding or with clamps (FWIW, I've seen the clamp style rip off, so I'd recommend weld on style). RockKrawler, PolyPerformance, JKS, & TeraFlex and I'm sure a few others make nice reinforcing brackets.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I read it to fast and wasn't sure if it was an extension or a replacement that is Beecher, sorry. I guess that's how I should have worded it, my knowledge is the brackets that sort of bolt on to drop the track bars down and just secure to the stock bracket. I'm running adjustables with poly's reinforcement brackets front and rear upper and lowers, steering correction you name it. I didn't want any chance of dw!

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
the rear ones are usually pretty sturdy, but i would suggest you have it welded on.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I did all poly bolt ins and they are way more beefy than the oem brackets. I have no doubt the bolt ins are better than oem, if you weld them they will be that much better. I just don't have a welder, yet... Miller 211 before Xmas!

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
My experience has been that the axle-mount versions are best. We have had trouble with the one that mount on the frame side. We have had trouble with the old style that simply extended the track bar mount--I don't think anyone makes these any more--everyone recognizes that their mounts need to reinforce the factory mounts. Renters have managed to break just about everything else on the Jeeps, but not aftermarket track bar brackets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feed back. I was wondering because before lift no dw. Now after lift I get dw. I brought it to a 4x4 shop here who looked it all over and couldn't figure out why I had dw. I upgraded the stabilizer to a bds but still have the dreaded dw.

Some info that might help.
08 jku. 2 door. 2.5in rough country coil lift. Rough country 2.2 shocks. Bds stabilizer. 315/70/17 bfg ats. Manuel. 40k miles. Mostly on road driving.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i have broke my rear mount off 3 times. Once offroad and twice just n a hard turn on the street. I just bought the teraflex full replacement bracket from there full axle bracket kit. Its not the same as there standard bracket. I would be willing to say its the beef, best mount i have found..:beer:

·
Registered
866 Posts
With my RK kit, it was clearly printed in bold letters to WELD the bracket before going off road.
Mall Krawler welding is optional.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts