JKOwners Forum banner

Are all Rock Krawler mid arms the same?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  RiverCityOffroad 
#1 ·
I have been looking for front lower arms to complement my stock mod, I found someone that is selling a set but he states that it is from a 3.5 inch lift and it wont work with my 2.5 incher. I contacted RK to confirm if this was the case because I was under the impression that they were all the same and told me there is a part number on the arm that should have correlated with the number he gave me, only the seller cannot find any part number. Does anyone know for sure if all RK mid arms are the same for the varying lift heights?

Thanks...

#2 ·
There is a difference in the rear arms. When you purchase an x factor lift the rear lower arms are 1" longer. If you check out River City or Just Jeep Gear they give you the option on the 2 arms.

In order to run the longer rear lower arms you will need to purchase the upper arms also.

#4 ·
I just plan on doing the front lowers for now.

#7 ·
I've been wondering about this as well. On most vendor sites, there is only one option for Front Lower arms, making me think that they're all the same, no matter which lift.

But that's just my guess. Hopefully one of the vendors or RK will chime in with a better answer. :bounce2:

#8 ·
JerseyJeep nailed it. X-Factor arms are longer.

2 Door - If you are piecing it together I recommend front lowers first and then upgrade to the rear uppers and lowers with a rear track bar.

4 Door - Just go with the Max Travel rear lowers.

The 2.5 gives you more lift on a two door vs a four door and the added adjustability is nice to have.

Marcus

#9 ·
So the front lower control arms are all the same correct? No matter what size lift it was sold for?

#14 ·
That's what this is:

(I owe you a PM)

Just curious, why would replacing the rear track bar w adouble adjustable like the front be beneficial? I always thought that it was only needed for the front at 2-3 inches of lift
When you move the axle back with these arms you need the adjustable track bar to move it around the coils. with the 2.5" RK coils on the two door your axle isn't centered with just the bracket. It's close...but not perfect like you can get it with the adjustable TB.

Besides that, every Jeep is different. There is no chart of absolutes with these things.

Oh, and have you ever heard of people upgrading to long arm/ind 3 or 4 link suspension systems w only 2.5 inches of lift? Would you gain significant ride quality/off road flex? Or at that height would the benefits not be apparent?
You could that, sure. Anything is possible with enough eyeballing and thought.

Marcus

#13 ·
Oh, and have you ever heard of people upgrading to long arm/ind 3 or 4 link suspension systems w only 2.5 inches of lift? Would you gain significant ride quality/off road flex? Or at that height would the benefits not be apparent?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.