JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a weak moment, I thought I'd save a bunch of money by buying a "JK" soft top off of Craigslist. The thing is in really good condition, so I thought it would be great. But, it seems it doesn't fit quite right. I have a 2010 2-door Wrangler Sahara and I'm betting this top is maybe a 07 or 08. There is a gap between the front of the top and the top of my windshield of a little more than a 1/2 inch. I've looked at other tops on other Jeeps and it seems the gap on those is 1/4 inch or less. My top is obviously not fitting right because of all the wind noise coming in and of course, it leaks a little in substantial rain.
Do you know of any fix for this? Could the latches that secure the top to the windshield be changed out or altered to bring them in more snug? Am I screwed?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Bryan

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
There are differences between the years.
If its just the header you may need the metal upgraded header from the dealer. The plastic header leaks and is noisey

·
Registered
871 Posts
The 07-09 top will fit on the 10 and newer as long as you have the door surrounds from the correct style. Look up the mopar video on youtube to make sure you are putting it on correctly. Try latching the header before securing the rear portion of the top. The metal replacement headers are a lot better then the older plastic ones.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
^^^^^^ He hit the nail on the head. I'm sure your top has the plastic header, the stiff piece which the latches are attached to. The plastic will bow causing gaps at the ends of the header. The replacement header is around $100.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Is it hitting the u shaped latch attached to the center of your windshield? The newer tops are cut out for this. the piece was added for the latch from the hard panels to latch to. If you cut it out it will probably fit better. We did this to my buddies. The older jeep hardtop freedom panels didnt have this piece. Heres the indent on the newer top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts