JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ARB locker switch has a lead so that the switch lights up when the headlights are on. Anyone know where I can tap into for that kind of power? Right now I just have it wired with my accessory. TIA

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Anybody know the answer to this? I'm puzzled. I used a meter on the wires going to the factory locker cluster and used the dimmer to see which wire was the illumination wire and can't find it. The voltage would change on two of them, but only about .1 volt. The panel definitely dims when connected though.

Anybody?

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
I hooked my lockers and switches up a pretty good while back, but i kinda remember hooking the switches to an orange and gray wire. Do a search for it. There should be something on here.

I dont have power windows. Im pretty sure we checked with a test light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yep, Orange and Grey behind the Center window control, or the radio harness is what I remember too.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Thanks Stupidface, you were right, orange and gray in the window switch bundle.

Thanks also ClownHunter. Katterbach huh? I was there from 92-96. You a Blackhawk guy?

·
Registered
72 Posts
yep, Orange and Grey behind the Center window control, or the radio harness is what I remember too.
So this wire illuminates the up-down windows switch? I have power windows and at night there is no light on the switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks also ClownHunter. Katterbach huh? I was there from 92-96. You a Blackhawk guy?
Yep! It's a lot more built up now! You wouldn't even recognize the place now. Sorry for the highjack.

As far as the window switch illumination, more than one person on here has said their window switches are not lit up, or they were and they have now burnt out. Maybe that's what has happened to the previous poster.
I also found that on the manual transmission models, the wiring harness for the auto is run under the console. It also has an illumination wire. If you've already tapped into the one behind the dash, and want another option it's easy to get to. Just set the e-brake high, open the console lid, and pull up on the center panel of the console. You will then see the auto tranny wiring bundle connector right next to the transfer case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I am trying to figure this out myself now.

I do not have power windows. Is there still to be an orange/grey wire? I do have an auto...what color wire might be there to use? same?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am trying to figure this out myself now.

I do not have power windows. Is there still to be an orange/grey wire? I do have an auto...what color wire might be there to use? same?
Pull the panel where the window switches would be. The harness may still be there.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
found an orange and grey wire going to the HVAC controls.

OK to use? hope so I am in garage now LOL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts