JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing ARB air lockers front and rear in 2014 JK Sport and have ARB switches for control. Problem is: need to connect switch illumination to Instrument Panel Lighting control. I'm aware that most, if not all, panel lighting is on the CAN bus, but there must be a way to tap into the light switch/variable panel illumination before its conversion to the CAN. Or, there must be somewhere where one can tap into the variable voltage to the lights on some convenient panel after conversion to voltage from CAN. HELP.. I'm sure others have had this problem with lack of information available nand solved their problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Installing ARB air lockers front and rear in 2014 JK Sport and have ARB switches for control. Problem is: need to connect switch illumination to Instrument Panel Lighting control. I'm aware that most, if not all, panel lighting is on the CAN bus, but there must be a way to tap into the light switch/variable panel illumination before its conversion to the CAN. Or, there must be somewhere where one can tap into the variable voltage to the lights on some convenient panel after conversion to voltage from CAN. HELP.. I'm sure others have had this problem with lack of information available nand solved their problem.
I have seen this for years in Quadratec although I have my OX locker switch illumination just fed-in to the ignition to the right of the steering column. ARB should have instructions as many many folks run ARB lockers in JKs.

likewise, a search on Google with the domain criteria search limited to ours truly ( jkowners.com) yields this ---> http://www.jkowners.com/forum/electrical-lighting-tech-dept/31178-arb-switch-illumination-lead.html

welcome to jkowners, btw

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Unless yours is different from my 08.....mine instructed me to tap an orange wire behind center hvac if I recall correctly. That's how all mine are illuminated

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used the side marker light wire for the dash illumination tap on my Switch Pros panel. It does the same thing as tapping into the dash wires. There's also a wire under the TIPM you can use, I didn't feel like taking everything apart just to compromise the wires at the TIPM though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't remember which wire I tapped into, but it was one that's in the wire loom attached to the footwell light. Its easy to find, because it should only have power when you turn the light switch on. It will also dim when you adjust the dimmer. I can look later if you cant locate it. My is a 2013 jk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts