JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Im no expert but it looks normal to me. Track bars have bushings that should allow it to move a little.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
looks more to me like the camera is mounted to the body/frame/bumper and when you move your steering, the push from the draglink always causes some suspension movement/body shift and the camera is going along for the ride

I think your axle is sitting still and the body/suspension is moving like it should, just the camera is moving with the body so it looks like the other way around

edit: actually after watching the 2nd video full screen, it looks like there might be a little play in the frame side trackbar/mount

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks more to me like the camera is mounted to the body/frame/bumper and when you move your steering, the push from the draglink always causes some suspension movement/body shift and the camera is going along for the ride

I think your axle is sitting still and the body/suspension is moving like it should, just the camera is moving with the body so it looks like the other way around
No the camera was not attached to the Jeep

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I thought I saw a little movement on the upper track bar mount as well. Stock bushings are going to give a little but I'm not sure what's normal.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I saw a little movement on the upper track bar mount as well. Stock bushings are going to give a little but I'm not sure what's normal.
Those aren't stock bushings. Its the Currie bar. Poly on the frame end and johnny on the axle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep, I see movement on the frame end too. Retorque the bolt and check the movement again, if no change then I would say the bush is failing - def does not look like the stiffness I would expect of a poly bush. Prime candidate for the onset of DW..

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, I see movement on the frame end too. Retorque the bolt and check the movement again, if no change then I would say the bush is failing - def does not look like the stiffness I would expect of a poly bush. Prime candidate for the onset of DW..
The trackbar is torqued to 130, in fact the bolt does not even move when I put a torque wrench on it. I will pull the trackbar and take a look today but couldn't what you are seeing be the bar flexing? If you watch the grease nipple on the poly bushing in relation to the track bar frame mount there is no movement there..

·
Registered
553 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it must be normal. Pulled the trackbar and there is almost ZERO play in the holes. I mean, less than a millimeter and maybe even less than that. I can barely tell.

The johnny joint side is solid and here are pics of the poly bushings, no tears and the sleeve is tight in the bushings..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts