JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The perfect guy to NOT show you how to lower your soft top.
You would think if the dealership is going to make this video they would at least get someone that knows what the heck they are doing.

How to Remove a Jeep Wrangler Soft top - YouTube

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
lol that guy was terrible.
is it me or did he forget the passenger side rear window?
My dealer had no idea how to do the soft top on my Jeep when i bought it either. I wasnt 100% sure but I had a soft top TJ a while back so I knew more than him already. :D

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Poor guy needs some practice BEFORE filming... I've had the soft top on twice in 4 1/2 years, a video by me would look similar. I've had to get help flipping the sunrider top last year a the JB parade just as we were beginning to start.
is it me or did he forget the passenger side rear window?
It's clearly out, just didn't show it being removed.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
this video is amazing and should be used as training material.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I just left a comment. What a moron. I really hope they take that video down. I think I'll write an e-mail to the dealer and tell them about this idiot.

·
Registered
899 Posts
WOW! I know I didn't have to say that, but WOW!

That is usually the kind of service tech I run into in the service dept. too. ("I read the manual, so I know everything")

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I just sent him an e-mail politely asking him to remove the video immediately. What a tool!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Granted I've never done a 4dr but compared to the way it looks on my 2dr that is a hot mess, I especially like the way the frame slams down not to mention just throwing the nice new shiny unscratched windows in the back.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
i flagged as harmful and dangerous acts! lol.... damn toyota sales people!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
The general manager just replied to my e-mail and will be taking the video down. He said he got a good laugh at watching the video, but agreed as to the content being pathetic.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along. :thankyou:

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
I like the irony of wind in your hair from someone that didn't have any-hell it even sounded like he didn't know where he worked at first. Must not have viewed it prior to posting-LOL

Also its not as hard as it looks-Wow.

Is this thing on......?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I do not enjoy the sun in my hair.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I would love to have seen the Jeep drive off onto the interstate and have the top open up like a parachute. That would have been cool.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
"you need to remove these four bolts"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.