JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get one of the big warn compressors to use instead of co2. Around here co2 costs 28 dollars for a 10 pound tank. I am switching to beadlock wheels in a couple weeks and will also be going to 40's soon after.
With that combo I am not looking forward to filling up a co2 tank on a regular basis.

Anyone have some real world experience with either of thes?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I switched from a Powertank to the Warn SPI awhile ago. I've been pretty satisfied with the performance airing up 38's and 40's. Of course its not as fast as the PT but you also don't have to get if refilled. I have a 2.5 gallon tank underneath too. I looked at the V model but it was bigger than I wanted. The only other compressor I had to compare to was the Viair P400 and the SPI leaves that one way behind.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Here is what LeftHandRubi told me:

LeftHandRubi said:
I think it is the best option. The only trade off is that it is big. I've only puffed my tires up about 5 times with it. No question it works well. It's fast. In going from 8lbs to 20lbs, that takes just a minute or two per tire.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alasha. That's what he told me as well. I ended upmgetting the SPI unit as. The VTC was just a little too big for the spacem I had in mind:beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts