JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Idk the specs on all the diy stuff out there but I will say that if you're doing exterior lining you'd better make sure that it's got UV protection/ additive. Faded liner looks like shit... no matter anything else.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Anyone tried "Monstaliner" bed liner on Jeep exteriors?
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior

I watched several of their videos including some of their customer videos and it seem like it would work for my application.
Each company will tell you they are better than the rest. They are all a blend of polyura. Roll on/brush on/spray are drastically different. They do not look good unless sprayed IMO.

Someone on here recently did some work with Raptoliner and had good results.

I have used Linerextreme with excellent results. I have yet to chip or scratch my 'paint' job.

The trick is in the prep work. Just like a typical auto paint job, if the prep is sub par, the results will be the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idk the specs on all the diy stuff out there but I will say that if you're doing exterior lining you'd better make sure that it's got UV protection/ additive. Faded liner looks like shit... no matter anything else.

Developed for jeep and pickup truck owners seeking a high performance alternative to expensive spray installed bed liners, Monstaliner is 100% UV Permanent and guaranteed not to chalk, fade or discolor for a minimum of 5 years. Once installed,

:wink2:

·
Registered
430 Posts
I did our Bantam off road trailer with Monstaliner in orange to match our Crush JK. I am very happy with it and it came out good. Did my CJ7 with it too just over a year ago in green and that came out good too. Does not look as professional as the spray on ones but I was not going for that look. Hardest work was the prep. Had to spray the trailer and CJ7 with a white base coat to make sure the color takes and pops.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Sprayed raptor liner (tintable) looks killer and above any of the competitors IMO. It's a very smoothish textured coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have some Tomken steps that the factory powdercoat gave up on. I cleaned them up and sprayed Monstaliner on them. I'm two years in and they still look great, no fade, and it's stood up to daily use stepping on it while getting in and out, so...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did Monstaliner in the tub after pulling the carpet. I like it because it's not as slippery as the Line-X in my pickup bed so it works reasonably well as something to put your feet on. That being said, it's definitely not as strong as the Line-X. I have chunks missing from just removing and installing the rear seat. In comparison, I've absolutely tortured the Line-X in the pickup without so much as a mark in the finish. If I were to bedline the exterior of my Jeep, I would not use the Monstaliner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts