JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Most of these winches, like Rough Country, Smittybilt, Rugged Ridge, the new Warn, and a few others, are all made in China. Guys that have them either swear by them or regret their purchase, but they'll certainly help in a pinch and usually have a decent warranty.

How much is "his price"?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea this one apparently has a 1 year warranty and it's through the manufacturer. Well from RC it is $299 +$50 for shipping. He is ordering 4 or 5 so his price will be around the $300 out the door. Now I just need a winch plate.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I can say that I've never once seen anything from Rough Country that I could recommend. Had a lift of theirs on the wifey's JK when we first got it, and the springs and shocks were replaced a few times under warranty until we got rid of it- 2 months after I put it on! Absolute garbage!

I have the Mile Marker SEC8- ran me $275 shipped, and hasn't quit on me, despite submerged pulls, mud, rain, and all kinds of abuse over the last two years. Not the fastest or the strongest, but it sure as hell doesn't give up. As far as cheapies go, as mentioned above, they are very hit or miss. Mine's been a home run from day one, and I've not seen many negative reviews of the MM winches. As always, I also would recommend a cover if it's going on a DD- keeping water out of mechanical and electrical bits is always a good idea! :) Mark W.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info man. I was told these are made by the same manufacturer as mile marker so I don't know. I don't want to get it then it shit out on me right when I need it. I will see if there is a return policy ha.

Sent from my iPhone using severed monkey feet.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
i'd find out what the amp draw is on it and/or compare the specs to a comparable superwinch, warn or ramsey. that warranty won't help when you're in need of it in the boonies. you get what you pay for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts