JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cut my rear fenders, and I'm considering running bumperless in the rear or getting a rear frame cover (probably Olympic 4x4). Anyone running without a bumper and have any pics? If so, let's see em!

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
I think there is already a thread related to this but here is my '11 as I have run it for 3 years. I am all about weight-saving-upgrades so the EVO D-ring shackles are all I needed or care about. I never see the rear bumper when using the rig for it's intended duty , I don't want any heavy crap bumper back there (nor the weight of a 37" tire/wheel hangin off )& I have solid tow points as well as clearance when comin off ledges as happens a lot where I wheel.

<EDIT: I know about the new-ish EVO facia plate - offered in steel OR in aluminum for weight considerations! - & thought I might get it but I can use the $200 for the upcoming gears or towards a locker or RCVs or more functional pertinent upgrades>

·
Registered
180 Posts
I did till I just bit the bullet and bought a Crawler Conceptz Skinny rear and cut the frame. Never did get used to the bumperless rear.

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
FWIW , I think the 'barren' appearance of running bumperless rear on the JK/JKUs is not nearly as striking or obvious when on a black Jeep; about the only positive aspect of runnin a black one , lol......
Yeah, that CrawlerConceptz thin rear bumper is swank! What's it weigh-in at?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hadn't seen the VKS frame cap before either... Looks great; but all said and done with d-rings I think Olympic is the more "economical" choice for what it is (essentially a peice of steel). j3ff3ry_j33p, thanks for the pics! Rig looks killer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts