JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to mount my CB below the steering column and was wondering where would be the best/easiest place to run the power, cig lighter seems logical but I am very ignorant when it comes to electronics. Is this an ok place to go?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Mine is run that way.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
That's where I run my Uniden 520xl. Never an issue on the trail. Everyone in the group comes in loud and clear.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Or avoid splicing into the factory wiring and run it to the batt.:D

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I've never done it that way, but I've heard of guys getting noise (feedback) from having it wired into places like that.

The preferred method is to run it right to the battery. It's most likely easier this way too as the wiring in the JK is fairly complex. Just run the wire under the dash up to the passenger side through the hole already there to the battery.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It works fine. If you are going to run your CB full-time, kep it installed all the time, then you probably would be happier long term not having the wiring visible all the time. Mine is in the console and I only use it on trails so plugging it in temporarily in the lighter socket is not an issue.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is run that way.
That's where I run my Uniden 520xl. Never an issue on the trail. Everyone in the group comes in loud and clear.

Well glad to hear that cause I just went and did it earlier today before waiting for an answer. I had it like that on my Ranger as well with no issues so I figured it would be ok. The wires are not visible at all so no issue there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have had my Cobra 75 wired that way for over two years with no issues rerad2 so no worries. ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've always done it that way. Easy to remove when you're not using it so it won't get stolen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts