JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when they added an exhaust?

I just had a JBA "exhaust" put on my JK over the weekend. The exhaust is really just a muffler swap...anyway...

Normally I would get about high 18's (18.9) to high 19's (19.7) driving to and from work, with the occasional luck of a 20.x MPG mark thrown in.

Filled the JK up on Sunday in advance of driving to work this week. Filled it up again just now for the impending doom of a snow storm we're gonna have (;)). This time my MPG was at 21.1. I went 242.3 miles on 11.5 gallons of gas.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

I just had a JBA "exhaust" put on my JK over the weekend. The exhaust is really just a muffler swap...anyway...

Normally I would get about high 18's (18.9) to high 19's (19.7) driving to and from work, with the occasional luck of a 20.x MPG mark thrown in.

Filled the JK up on Sunday in advance of driving to work this week. Filled it up again just now for the impending doom of a snow storm we're gonna have (;)). This time my MPG was at 21.1. I went 242.3 miles on 11.5 gallons of gas.
damn!!! mostly highway? Mine is like 13

·
Registered
934 Posts
I do a good mix of HWY and City, get 18-20, 37's, 5.13, manual, Banks CAI, stock exhaust with a smashed up tailpipe. There are random times though when I get 15 and I think that has more to do with the wind and how heavy my foot is for that tank.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hmm 18's, 19's, even 20's??? I thought they just put that stuff on the window stickers. Downhill with a tailwind (in overdrive if I can get it to stay there) I might get 16. First 10k miles I never saw above 14, but it would seem things have loosened up some and my tires aren't as big around as they used to be...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I am suckin' wind with my new 35's and 3.21's (2dr 6-speed).

I am lucky to maintain 15 on the hwy.
I did the tires and exhaust at the same time so I'm not sure
if it helped or not.

But the gear change is in the works. :bounce:

·
Registered
805 Posts
I was able to get 20 mpg on freeway on my 2008 Sahara with the stock rear end; I can't get more than 18 mpg on the freeway on my 2009 Rubicon...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I'm stock as far as a lift goes. I swapped out the stock SR-A's to a set of Rubi wheels and tires.

I dunno that I'd call it highway driving. It's like 55-60mph driving, coasting down hills and then powering up them, with stop lights every few miles, then definitely city conditions when I get to where I work. I usually just put it in 5th or 6th and putt around base at 30-40mph, that really helps the mileage.

6spd FTW?

·
Registered
88 Posts

um... yeah, I was going downhill... but still exciting :thefinger:

·
Registered
491 Posts
i havent had a vehicle that got good gas milage in so long that i dont even bother watching it anymore. i just fill the tank when the needle gets close to E, sometimes i wait til the little idiot light tells me to fill it too. once on my old truck i just let it run out of gas cause i felt like pushing it a few miles, it got real good milage then :laughing:

·
Registered
582 Posts

Just wondering, did you change your tires? The odometer is off when you switch to larger tires (to the best of my understanding) I thought I was getting better mileage to after I took my muffler off all together, but it's still the same.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
what is this 20 mpg thing you speak of? i have a bone stoke 07 and only get 14 if i drive like my grandma, and if i drive bad i get about 12, ive never seen 20 not even on the highway, and i dont even want to talk about driving with the top off

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
i average 160 mpg highway ayt about 83 mph

·
Registered
805 Posts
what is this 20 mpg thing you speak of? i have a bone stoke 07 and only get 14 if i drive like my grandma, and if i drive bad i get about 12, ive never seen 20 not even on the highway, and i dont even want to talk about driving with the top off
mmm...I got 20-21 mpg on the hwy with my '08 Sahara 6-speed, with the stock 3.21 gearing and Bridgestone tires...as long as I kept it under 75 mph

1 - 20 of 25 Posts