JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There have apparently been a lot of reports of the shafts breaking, and mine is already leaking at the shaft seal, so when I had to do the repair and couldn't get just the track arm brace (no one had it in stock), I decided to spring for the whole kit to be on the safe side, last think I want is my wife driving with my kids and have the shaft let go

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I just saw this at the EJS offroad show...WHY?
Whole damn sector shaft has sheared off on some rigs. Drop pitman arm seems to aid in that happening.

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, glitch, after cracking the stock mount, and having to weld it together, the brace was a little hard to get on, so we broke out the BFH and got it in place. Here is where the problem started.

The shop had fits with lining up the sector brace, and after beating their heads against the control arm for a while determined that the brace had spread just a little when we forced it on, it had all bolted up alright, but it spread just enough that the billet sector shaft part wasn't lining up where it had to mount to the track arm brace.

Once the figured that out it was the end of the day, so we should hear some time today, they have to pull the brace back off and squeeze it back to it's original form and reassemble. Can't wait for the bill...

Moral of the story, if you're putting this kit on AFTER a repair, make sure there are no welds in the way and it slides on easy, I would take a before and after measurement if it's hard getting on to make sure it doesn't through off the alignment, or just do it before it breaks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.