JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looked and searched like crazy..everyone seem to talk real highly ofd there stuff and customer service is spot on.. i knew posion had a wait and back history of poor customer service.. gonna call metalcloak monday and see what can come up with...

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
looked and searched like crazy..everyone seem to talk real highly ofd there stuff and customer service is spot on.. i knew posion had a wait and back history of poor customer service.. gonna call metalcloak monday and see what can come up with...
That's not really true. They have taken care of us over the years and rarely have a wait of more than a few days on things like flares and rockers. Sometimes a bumper can take a little longer due to all of the choices and the sheer volume that they are doing.

Don't count out PSC based on whatever you read...there are lots of dealers out there who can make up the difference for you in regard to communication and such.

Marcus

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
That thread is a year old.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, so don't take me wrong. Metal Cloak's fenders are bad ass, I have nothing against their product.

They had a change of hands in the sales department around that time and yes, there were some frustrations. However, their new sales guy Rick is all over it and there haven't been many complaints as a result of his efforts as well as increased production.

Soooo...buy the fenders you like, you aren't gonna go wrong with either company, but don't base it on something like that.

If you have reserves about PSC then call them up. I assure you Rick will take good care of you and if you want to save a few bucks I offer free shipping on their products and have installed a few sets of their flares (and everything else...) so I can answer any questions you might have. I'm running the aluminums on the front of my JK and steel on the rear.

Like I said, both are great companies making very popular and well sought after products. Don't base your decisions off of something you read online, get in there and create your own experiences. ;)

Marcus

PS - I sold two full wraps last month during the week of 2/22 and they both shipped on 3/8. That's just over two weeks from order to shipment on two JKs. Flares generally ship within 24 - 48 hours because there aren't any options to weld onto them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am currently running the MC frame built front/rear bumpers, shackles, rock sliders and front/rear fender flares with Exoskin on my '12 JKU Rubicon. After i get some bigger shoes n a winch, their suspension setup is next on my list.

My only gripe with them, was their poor handling of my powder coated products. When I got around to installing the above mentioned items, most of them had some scuffs or scratches even though it was packed extremely well and had no signs of damage by UPS. I jus slapped some black textured rustoleum n it's cool now. To have to pay extra for pc n see that on most of my stuff w/out me creating the damage was a bit upsetting. Quality loox top notch n customer service has been good so far. Matson n Blake r good peoples.

·
Vendor
200 Posts
I see it was a yr old just all new to this and didn't wanna run into issues
Thanks for the help guys
Daniel, as I mentioned to you, PSC is a good company and has been copied by numerous me-too manufacturers on their JK products.

So you won't go wrong if you choose Larry.

Of course, I'll do whatever I can to earn your trust and your business... :lol:

·
Vendor
200 Posts
My only gripe with them, was their poor handling of my powder coated products. When I got around to installing the above mentioned items, most of the them had some scuffs or scratches even though it was packed extremely well and had no signs of damage by UPS.
Yes I am continuously amazed at how much damage can happen just from UPS throwing around the boxes, even when the box itself looks to be in relatively good shape. We do our best to wrap the products and protect them during shipping, while trying to avoid using that messy spray-in foam others use.

It's one of the reasons we continuously review whether or not we should just be like the others and not offer powdercoating. But for now, we'll continue to offer it and continue to guarantee your satisfaction.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Yes I am continuously amazed at how much damage can happen just from UPS throwing around the boxes. We do our best to wrap the products and protect them during shipping, while trying to avoid using that messy spray-in foam others use.

It's one of the reasons we continuously review whether or not we should just be like the others and not offer powdercoating. But for now, we'll continue to offer it and continue to guarantee your satisfaction.
When I got my exo skin stuff from you guys for my 2 door there was some blemishes from shipping as well. The packaging looked great I think its just one of those things thats hard to avoid with shipping such irregular sized heavy objects. I think you should continue to offer the powder coating but just let the customer know of the inherit damage that may occur with shipping such stuff. I rattle can everything now but I think if I ever want to have anything powder coated I will just have it done locally.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.