JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My setup:

2007 Unlimited Rubicon with Full Traction 3" Premium Lift front M-Force shocks and rear Bilstein Shocks. 35" Pro Comp Xtreme M/Ts on 17x9 1089 Wheels. Rock Hard Rear Bumper, tire carrier, and Racks.

I have bent two rear passenger side M-Force shocks and now the beefier replacement Bilstein looks to be bending in the very same location. Mel at Off Road Evolution installed the lift and has been extremely helpful in working with me to figure out the issue. And Full Traction has replaced the shocks and provided the upgraded Bilstein.

So, we're all clear here, this is not a bash ORE or FT post. Everyone involved has been absolutely responisve and has gone well above and beyond to get my JK working properly.

So, I'm looking to the board for any feedback, guess, personal experience, suggestion, or statement of fact.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think it was the trac bar bracket or something actually coming in contact with the rear shock. Did you contact full-traction about it. It is not the shock though something is hitting it.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Like the title says: Anyone having problems with MForce Shocks? Or the FT 3" lift?

I have bent two rear, passenger side MForce shocks since August 2007. I have Bilsteins in the rear now (love them!) but I can see that the rear, passenger side shock is starting to bend (again).

Wondering if anyone has had any issues with the 3" lift, springs, or MForce shocks?
Must be them DIRTY GIRLS getting to radical.:smokin::smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
33 Posts
My brother and my dad both have M-Force shocks on their TJ Rubicons, and they have had nothing but problems with them blowing seals, within a years time, they've replaced 5 shocks in total, two of which were also bent :shaking:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it was the trac bar bracket or something actually coming in contact with the rear shock. Did you contact full-traction about it. It is not the shock though something is hitting it.
Where did you hear about the trac bar bracket hitting the shock?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My brother and my dad both have M-Force shocks on their TJ Rubicons, and they have had nothing but problems with them blowing seals, within a years time, they've replaced 5 shocks in total, two of which were also bent :shaking:
I haven't had any issues with my fron M Forces... and the Bilsteins have a solid feel (much improved over the MForce), but the Bilstein replacement is bending in the very same location that the MForce(s) bent; which leads me to believe that it is something unrelated to the shock...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm only 1000 miles into my M-Force shocks. I hope they hold because I friggin love 'em. They are nice and tight on the road and great offroad. This thread is giving me the willies.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I think it was the trac bar bracket or something actually coming in contact with the rear shock.
X2 If you have a frame mounted track bar bracket at the rear it may be hitting the shock on the passenger side. This happened to me a while back with a Teraflex bracket. Look on the shock/bracket for any impact/rub marks.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
X2 If you have a frame mounted track bar bracket at the rear it may be hitting the shock on the passenger side. This happened to me a while back with a Teraflex bracket. Look on the shock/bracket for any impact/rub marks.
Forgive me, but I was playing a little dumb. I'm trying to determine if anyone else has experienced this issue. It is the shock impacting the Trac Bar Relocation Bracket. It's obvious. There are impact marks on the shock and the bracket. And my new Bilstein shock rod is twice the thickness as the MForce and it's bending, so the impact has to be pretty good.

Full Traction Rep says: "we've never heard of a shock bending"

Mind you, this is only ONE person at FT and a salesperson at that. 99.9% of the rest of the population has heard of this and has the same two options:

1. Install an adjustable track bar
2. Install shock relocation bracket

I agree with both options, my problem at this point is that Full Traction's 3" Premium Lift is incomplete: it requires an adjustable trac bar in my opinion to work. So, I ask the question: why doesn't the Premiun Kit come with an adjustable REAR trac bar???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Please post a pic of the bracket. I know what the RE bracket looks like and I'm wondering if the FT is similar.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please post a pic of the bracket. I know what the RE bracket looks like and I'm wondering if the FT is similar.
Just look up the kit on FT's site, 4wd.com, or Northridge4x4.com. The bracket is on the right side, under the front springs - next to the rear bump stop brackets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts