JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming up soon on replacing my OE BFG KM mud terrains on my '15 Rubicon. They've been a good all around tire with the exception of winter driving when there's ice on the roads-without any siping on the treads, it's like driving with slicks. Looking around at MT tires the two types in my title seem to be the best value locally, I think the Falkens would do better in the winter here in CO but want to see if anyone has real world winter experience with either tire. I've had good experience with Falkens in the past, just not as an MT tire. I like the Generals as well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Falken Wildpeaks

I have no experience with this tire, but since no user has replied, I thought I'd add my $0.02 -

I also am considering a set of these, before winter hits. I have not read a negative review of the Wildpeaks. They reportedly are quiet on the road, wear well, and perform great in snow and on ice. Are you considering a conventional SUV tire or an LT?

I'm thinking of a narrower, taller size (245/75R17?), unless the local Discount Tire has a conflicting opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts