JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is a long shot....but I have had my front passenger side axle seal replaced 3 times now. They said if it leaked again, it must be a bent housing. Surprise! It is leaking again. I was thinking it would pretty sweet if I could pay the difference between another front 30 and a 44 and have them put a 44 in? I Anyone ever try this?

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
I'll say it will not work. You can take that "new" housing they just installed and sell it. But they wont cut you a deal on aftermarket/upgraded parts, like an insurance job or something could. more than welcome to try it!

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
402 Posts
Have no idea about the upgrade, I will say if you do wheel your jeep and thats what caused a failure that it may be best kept low key as to not flag your Jeep. When little things fail due to wheeling or " abuse ", not saying this is the case, its sometimes best fixed and kept away form the dealer. I have heard some bad things about un friendly dealers and flagged vin###'s.

I know my Jeep wont go near the dealer unless the engine or trans blows in the near future. I have 16000 miles on it and anything that has gone , basically nothing, I have done myself. No Need for them to even see whats been done to that thing.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Have no idea about the upgrade, I will say if you do wheel your jeep and thats what caused a failure that it may be best kept low key as to not flag your Jeep. When little things fail due to wheeling or " abuse ", not saying this is the case, its sometimes best fixed and kept away form the dealer. I have heard some bad things about un friendly dealers and flagged vin###'s.

I know my Jeep wont go near the dealer unless the engine or trans blows in the near future. I have 16000 miles on it and anything that has gone , basically nothing, I have done myself. No Need for them to even see whats been done to that thing.
x2 unless its a motor or tranny stay the hell away! ive known a dealer to flag a jeep under warranty that went in for a power steering issue and because it was covered in mud/dented the dealer flagged/stated improper maintenece larger tires lift ect were the cause of steering faliure and flaged a 2009 with 12k miles!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update.....So you guys were right on the upgrade. Out of the question, but they did replace the whole front axle assembly and the passenger side axle shaft. It looks very strange under there all shiny and new. This should take care of the problem.

·
Registered
504 Posts
x2 unless its a motor or tranny stay the hell away! ive known a dealer to flag a jeep under warranty that went in for a power steering issue and because it was covered in mud/dented the dealer flagged/stated improper maintenece larger tires lift ect were the cause of steering faliure and flaged a 2009 with 12k miles!
My 09 was flagged for a ps pump also and I had a signed contract from the service manager stating my warranty would be intact if I stayed at 3.5" of lift or less... If he bought the max care plan they will refund it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
My 09 was flagged for a ps pump also and I had a signed contract from the service manager stating my warranty would be intact if I stayed at 3.5" of lift or less... If he bought the max care plan they will refund it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya I guess the ps is a hot button issue with them lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
it depends on your relationship with the stealership, mine was going to replace my bent 30 with a 44 but the INS agent only wanted to straighten the axle.

there was also a shortage of 44's with no delivery date, earlier this year.

I found a pair of 60's on pirate for 2,500 I'd say that's a better deal upgrade both for the cost of a prorock 44...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
it depends on your relationship with the stealership, mine was going to replace my bent 30 with a 44 but the INS agent only wanted to straighten the axle.

there was also a shortage of 44's with no delivery date, earlier this year.

I found a pair of 60's on pirate for 2,500 I'd say that's a better deal upgrade both for the cost of a prorock 44...

That sounds like that was on the ins co's dime not Jeep. Looks like you made out better in the long run anyway......How's the high lift?

·
Registered
625 Posts
oh ya, jeep wouldn't touch my bent axle as a warranty issue... all ins

1 - 10 of 10 Posts