JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a few times and now kicking my butt for passing up a pretty nice muley. Now I don't have anything to post a picture of! This is my dads.

Would love to have this guy hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sweet Mulie Buck! :beer: No luck...for me this season...saw this monster out with my kids and of course no rifle...:thefinger:

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Nothing yet.... not due to lack of time in the woods!!

I have passed on a few that might get a sharp stick through the heart if they come back through...

I might take a doe or cull if I start to run out of time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's one with my older daughter and dad's antelope.

Here's one with my younger daughter and my "horns shorter than it's ears" antelope.

Here's one of the puppet show.

Also got a cow elk this year but no pictures.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool. How does antelope taste?
Unfortunately I won't be adding any pics this year of my own. Working OT and no weekends off my season was shot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very cool. How does antelope taste?
Unfortunately I won't be adding any pics this year of my own. Working OT and no weekends off my season was shot.
It can be very good. Here in NV, the hunt is in late August to mid-September. Well before the rut.

I've heard that animals taken during the rut can be gamey.

We also cape and debone as quickly as possible to get the meat cool. It can spoil fast when it is over 100 degrees outside.

My wife prefers antelope to deer or even elk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It can be very good. Here in NV, the hunt is in late August to mid-September. Well before the rut.

I've heard that animals taken during the rut can be gamey.

We also cape and debone as quickly as possible to get the meat cool. It can spoil fast when it is over 100 degrees outside.

My wife prefers antelope to deer or even elk.
I got a pretty nice antelope here in NV and it tasted great... of course it was eating out of alfalfa fields.

antellope.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
VERY NICE

Been a few times and now kicking my butt for passing up a pretty nice muley. Now I don't have anything to post a picture of! This is my dads.

Would love to have this guy hanging on the wall.

Awesome Buck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts