JKOwners Forum banner

anyone do a t/c swap to a nv242

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JDaPP 
#1 ·
Anyone out there ever put an NV242 in their JK?

Any thoughts...my questions are:

t/c position sensor..

dash light... (perhaps same as above)

drive shafts....

Thanks.

Jeff

#2 ·
....but, why?

#3 ·
Full time 4wd iirc ?

#4 ·
2wd or selctable AWD, Locked 4wd, and 4lo.

But you'd have to add a slip yoke eliminator, and I believe the input splines are different.

The only real gain I see is AWD, and I wouldn't call it a gain, really.

#5 · (Edited)
For me, 90% of my stuff is ice/snow/tarmac/ice/snow/mixed/turns....

And I love the lockers...think G-wagon but USA made....the super low is almost too low for actual non-rock use...so 2.72 is good.

My main question is this: what electronics save the dash 4wd yellow text light "care" about the transfer case...? I think the new jeeps are all wheel sensor driven (rpm/gear/speed to figure things out).

My AEV procal can make 4:1 into 2.72:1 (I checked with AEV)...so the rest is being clever and having funding. All doable.

Yes, I think awd PLUS all the rest is a win for "my" needs. I am not trying to have anyone feel it is right for them...not sure but it actually would make the jeep more flexible...keeping the 4:1 case in case I want to go back or sell it....and getting new custom drive shafts to fit, etc.

Anyway, can a t/c swap get the car electronics foobar based on being in the "wrong" mode...???? I still want 4lo, 4hi (locked), awd, 2hi (in theory could do 2 lo too...

Thanks everyone in advance.

jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.