21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I'm really liking the flat black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How strong is the vinyl, can it handle 1/4 hail stones ? Would be bad to do all that work and start having damage from hail or road debri , stones, dirt, rip into it.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
How strong is the vinyl, can it handle 1/4 hail stones ? Would be bad to do all that work and start having damage from hail or road debri , stones, dirt, rip into it.
Ain't that why we have insurance?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love your where your head is at !!!! I love your enthusiasm !!!!!

Same applies to paint, or vinyl !! It's hail !!! Say it with me........

WON'T HOLD UP TO HAIL .....

:beer:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Follow up to my original post. I (finally) got the quote from the only shop in town that does graphics work. $1800. Waay to much in my opinion.

I may actually do it myself. The only problem areas I see are the windshield frame which I may do in 3 pieces, and the grill, which may take alot of heat and stretching. I figure the worst case I am out a few hundred bucks in raw materials.

I've seen it done a bunch of times, and did the vinyl stripes on my Mustang, so I know what I am in for. We will see..... If I do it, I will post up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
The shop giving the quote I was not impressed with their business savvy. After 2 months of calling and calling to get the quote, I finally went back in person a 3rd time for the quote today, only to find out hey lost all my contact info and also had to remeasure. I shouldn't have to beg to do the job, so forget them. It's no wonder if their business is struggling. Funny thing is they just did a commercial JK wrap a few weeks ago. You would think they wanted the business.

I am not naive, I know how hard the job can be. However the hood is pretty simple, there is no roof, the doors are flat, as are the sides. I will spray paint the hinges, which leaves mostly the grill as the problem. If i have everything else done and I can't do that I will spray it as well, but I figure with 3 guys (one to hold the grill, 2 to pull and stretch over the grill), I will be alright.

Starting to look forward to it. I am going to use Oracal 600 series matte black vinyl.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Post script from op...

I bought the vinyl and am starting on the project myself now. Hood is off and done. It looks great Will post pics and write up in a new post!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
This is a cool idea, I like how you could pull it all off and change it down the road.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Rebel....I like what you guys do!! great use of matte and gloss.

For me OD green wrap like ATX or Hutchinson's JK's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Considering making my black Rubicon Unlimited a flat black Rubicon Unlimited when I do the Hemi swap.

Curious if anyone has had this done, how they like it, how it has held up, and what was the cost.

Thanks
Considering making my black Rubicon Unlimited a flat black Rubicon Unlimited when I do the Hemi swap.

Curious if anyone has had this done, how they like it, how it has held up, and what was the cost.

Thanks
Yes I have started to wrap my 2006 jeep rubicon by myself the wrap only cost me $100 and I watched a few videos here are some pictures I will post more when I get done so far I have only put five hours in

Attachments

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
1) looks stupid
2) nice fingers, you must have noticed how shitty your pics are.
3) why would you do this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I have started to wrap my 2006 jeep rubicon by myself the wrap only cost me $100 and I watched a few videos here are some pictures I will post more when I get done so far I have only put five hours in
Here are some pictures of my jeep my great granddaughter took the other pictures she's only 10 so please keep your awful remarks to yourselves

Attachments

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Here are some pictures of my jeep my great granddaughter took the other pictures she's only 10 so please keep your awful remarks to yourselves
Shitty pictures, shitty wrap. You posted for attention.
Here, have some:
🖕

21 - 39 of 39 Posts