JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is a bit on the short side, and the person that rides in my Jeep the most with me is my 7 year old daughter. Need some kind of steps but also want protection. I know there are lots of aftermarket products, but also have heard many times that the stock rock rails are very capable.

So... would like to save some $$ and just weld some kind of steps to the rails.

Bad idea? Why? Anyone done it? Pics?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My wife is a bit on the short side, and the person that rides in my Jeep the most with me is my 7 year old daughter. Need some kind of steps but also want protection. I know there are lots of aftermarket products, but also have heard many times that the stock rock rails are very capable.

So... would like to save some $$ and just weld some kind of steps to the rails.

Bad idea? Why? Anyone done it? Pics?

Thanks in advance!
Check out Jeepswag.com or poly, they both carry rubi rail add ons. My wife is short and uses my Jeepswag rub rail as a step all the time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out Jeepswag.com or poly, they both carry rubi rail add ons. My wife is short and uses my Jeepswag rub rail as a step all the time.
Thanks! That's exactly what I had in mind. $200 is probably a good price to not have to buy, measure, bend, and cut the steel.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Another voter for the PSC RICO rails
I welded up a set for cjb321 over a year ago and he's banged the crap out of them at Katemcy and they're still holding up fine.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Another voter for the PSC RICO rails
I welded up a set for cjb321 over a year ago and he's banged the crap out of them at Katemcy and they're still holding up fine.

still havent repainted them either lol, the dirt i leave on them all year round keeps them from rusting! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.