JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Site looks pretty shady, there are only 100,000 different HID kits out there. They aren't "wrangler specific", just H13s.

I've bought some of the $40 sets off ebay, they work okay for awhile, but the ballasts were junk. If I did it again, I'd go through a local shop/standing building that I can walk into and get a warranty on my parts. The warranty on most online just hid places is a joke.

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
i toss ebay HID's in stuff all the time. It usually turns out fine. i'm running them in my Tundra now (different brand but ebay lights) and i really like them.

I'm probably going to convert to H4 housings and do HID's in them. you can PM ben foo, he did them.

the delta housings were like 106 bucks through my buddy, and add another 60-80 for bi-xenons (you need bi's because you only have one bulb for hi/low) and then whatever resistor you need to make them work (i believe i've seen those sold on ebay as well).

so for 200 bucks you end up with better lighting. I don't care what people say, it's better. As long as you keep the temp down on the HID's you'll like them. I'm running 6,000 in the truck and wish i had gone with 4300... hell, for the price of the ebay HID lights you can't put good PIAA bulbs in!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I prefer the 55W HIDs for maximum tourcher of vehicles in front of me.....

IPF H4 housing
55W 6000K HIDs

Turn the sun on!

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
I prefer the 55W HIDs for maximum tourcher of vehicles in front of me.....

IPF H4 housing
55W 6000K HIDs

Turn the sun on!
awesomeness.... people get the hell out of the left lane at night that's for sure :) my tundra has a leveling dial that i can turn them down if i need to...

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
I run the 55w bulbs in my windshield mounted IPF lights and its like having a small sun on my jeep. The kit came with 100w bulbs and I'm afraid to see what they're like
those are 55w halogens! try 55 watt HID's and you'll be amazed at teh difference :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
commenting on this thread late but ill throw my .02cents in, ive ordered from these guys a bunch of times for the 3 vehicles i had and recommended these guys to everyone that asked me where i got them, thier an awesome kit thier plug and play so they install in about 30mins for both sides and thier extremely bright. so the site is not shadey its actually legit and have good quailty products

1 - 13 of 13 Posts