JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cat converter that has failed, setting SES light and a cat efficiency code. The Jeep is out of the 8/80 emission coverage, so it looks like I'm footing the bill for this one. I can get the factory y-pipe for 717.00 bucks through the dealer, or an aftermarket OEM style replacement from 500-600 bucks depending on which brand I go with. I also found Magnaflow has y-pipe set-up with cats, which I've found online from 604.00 to 800.00 depending on the site. Magnaflow also has just the cats, that would need to be welded into the existing y-pipe for about 120.00 apiece. Anyone had any experience with anything other than the factory OE cat/y-pipe set-up? Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You can also get CATCO cats in a wide range of sizes most of them are sub $100 each. You can weld em in or have a shop do it if you do not have the ability. We were running them on emission required tracks. We also had a few grey market cars that were brought to the states. BMW M6 from the 80's comes to mind where we needed high flow emission standard meeting cats and they popped right up in the small drive shaft channel on that car so I am sure you can find something to fit a JK.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You can also get CATCO cats in a wide range of sizes most of them are sub $100 each. You can weld em in or have a shop do it if you do not have the ability. We were running them on emission required tracks. We also had a few grey market cars that were brought to the states. BMW M6 from the 80's comes to mind where we needed high flow emission standard meeting cats and they popped right up in the small drive shaft channel on that car so I am sure you can find something to fit a JK.

http://www.catcoglobal.com/assets/media/flash/flipbooks/2012_EPA_Flipbook/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts