JKOwners Forum banner

Any1 have a schematic that shows the rear wiper motor electrical wire?

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  J. Dub 
#1 ·
I am removing the rear wiper & wiper motor off my back glass & want to completely remove the wiring that I am guessing is somewhere under the carpet? Or maybe it's in the hardtop?
I want to be ready to trace it all the way to the front to remove the whole line out of the Jeep.

Thanks in advance for any light that you may shed on this for me.

#2 ·
It runs with the main harness down the driver side of the jeep then crosses under the seat to the passenger side then along the floor to the fuse box. You simply need to follow the plug, it has both the defroster and wiper motor in it. It will be a huge pain in the ass to do. Why are you wanting to remove it?

#4 ·
Why not leave the wiring just in camas you decide to replace it later. Just tuck the harness under the carpet. You’ll be glad you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#6 ·
Why not leave the wiring just in camas you decide to replace it later. Just tuck the harness under the carpet. You’ll be glad you did.
Fair statement.
I took mine out to save the weight. I will never need it.
I just took out the entire rear wiper, assembly, motor, spare tire, spare tire carrier, rear seat, I swear this vehicle feels lighter driving it, etc...

#8 ·
Horsepower to weight ratio.

The time-tested benchmark for performance.

Certainly lots cheaper to lighten the load than to add horsepower.

However, addin' sufficient horsepower allows a fella to keep his rig lookin' like a jeep and still tote 'round silly thangs like a spare tire, extra fuel, tools, beer, etc.

Ain't no replacement for displacement.

#11 ·
Which fastener? I had to use a 3 hook pry tool. Basically the "hook" latch onto the wiper base. Then the middle screw I would hold on the middle part of the motor (as its pressed in) and I would turn the screw which put pressure on the wiper arm... After a little but it just right off.
What are you guys doing with wiper motor/parts? I need a set, It’s already wired/setup to have one
I was going to put mine on ebay but if you want it I can send you pictures / video & I dunno what they go for price wise but whatever price you find I will beat it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.