JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you know any of the Vendors that sale used parts please let me know who I'm needing some Rubi shocks by this weekend I'm installing my TF Leveling kit with my Rubi unlimited springs :bounce:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
JeepSpeedShop sometimes sells some engines and parts like that when doing conversions. Don't know about the suspensions.

·
Registered
866 Posts
If you know any of the Vendors that sale used parts please let me know who I'm needing some Rubi shocks by this weekend I'm installing my TF Leveling kit with my Rubi unlimited springs :bounce:
Where are you located? I'm putting a lift kit on my Rubi this weekend.
Shocks and springs coming off. Less than 4K miles on them.

I am in Greensboro NC.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are you located? I'm putting a lift kit on my Rubi this weekend.
Shocks and springs coming off. Less than 4K miles on them.

I am in Greensboro NC.
I'm in Greenville, SC. 29607

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
A bunch of vendors do have "Garage Sales" and blemished and discontinued stock. I know Teraflex, Poison Spyder, and River Raider do this kind of thing. Check all their sites and get on all their Facebook pages for updates.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm in Greenville, SC. 29607
Only 200 miles.
UPS ground shouldn't be too much.
Or you can drive up. Either way I'm sure we can come to an agreement.
Do you need all 4 shocks and springs?

I got my lift kit from Marcus at River City Offroad. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
If you're hoping for extra length with the Rubi shocks I'm not sure you'll get any real useable amount.

Marcus
Thats what I thought...even with shock extensions mine are too short with ~2.5" lift

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If no one here can help you should try Craigslist.

If you're hoping for extra length with the Rubi shocks I'm not sure you'll get any real useable amount.

Marcus
My wife probably is hopeing for extra length:D but I'm just wanting a little better shock for very little money.

Only 200 miles.
UPS ground shouldn't be too much.
Or you can drive up. Either way I'm sure we can come to an agreement.
Do you need all 4 shocks and springs?

I got my lift kit from Marcus at River City Offroad. :grinpimp:
Yeah, I just need the 4 shocks I've got the springs I could wait and install the shocks later and just do the lift this weekend kinda wanted to do it all at one time but if the price is right :beer:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Rancho 5000s are cheap and work great on jk..ill have my es 9000s off in few weeks..also have rubio shocks but i think there off a 2dr

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what I thought...even with shock extensions mine are too short with ~2.5" lift
Do you guys think with the added lift from the unlimited springs and the TF leveling kit I should go with a 2-3" lift shock or will the stock Rubi shocks be ok?

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
You will be fine with stock shocks in terms of length, but the offer here from AustinJeeper is pretty sweet.

FWIW I've run a 2.5" BB on top of Rubi springs without shock extensions for street use only before. No issues but not something I'd do for extended periods or mall baja runs.

All factory JK shocks should be the same length. The springs vary only slightly in height.

Marcus

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I just swaped out my stock shocks for some rubi's and you can tell they are a tad better, but I wouldn't pay a c-note for them. If you get a good deal jump on them but don't go broke for'em.
I got springs and shocks with 700 miles on them for $50, off Craigslist.
I was also hoping for one more inch of down travel but I don't think there is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts