JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be heading down to Panama City Beach for Thanksgiving....wondering if there are any trails or places to wheel around the area???

·
Registered
394 Posts
The crew from up there will have to speak up... but back in themid 80s to about 90 we used to wheel the intercoastal waterways sand dunes. It was a blast. Dont know if its still open though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The crew from up there will have to speak up... but back in themid 80s to about 90 we used to wheel the intercoastal waterways sand dunes. It was a blast. Dont know if its still open though.
rooster, we need to check into these dunes. should start east of 331 on 98. i had an oakaloosa cty employee tell me 10-15 yrs ago him and his friends used to ride back there. don't know the situation today, but we should check into it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I live there, most of it West of Inlet Beach has been closed, or is hard to get to. Some because of the new school, most because it was bought for development a few years ago. There are still areas you can get to, just not many that are very long. Mostly little under 1/2 mile stretches Don't know about East.

Davesrb

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Its a little far but someone said you can wheel at Apalachicola. However there is a ranger station between 30A and Panama City that Im going to stop at and see if we can wheel in the woods there. It looks like a lot of wooded property and it appears there are some trails. I was going to go by there and give them the whole we tread lightly speech and see if they will let us in from time to time to play. Craig if so you and I should go check it out one day so we can plan our ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rooster,

That area is called Point Washington.. You can google and even find a map...
Recently they put slag down on the major raods.. But a few roads have water holes and sand.. Point Washington land starts in Blue Mountain Beach (SR83) and runs east almost to Rosemary.. No permit required.. You just have to stay on the marked roads..

Col Reb..

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Rooster,

That area is called Point Washington.. You can google and even find a map...
Recently they put slag down on the major raods.. But a few roads have water holes and sand.. Point Washington land starts in Blue Mountain Beach (SR83) and runs east almost to Rosemary.. No permit required.. You just have to stay on the marked roads..

Col Reb..
SWEET! Maybe this will be our 11/20 ride. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Rooster, Point Washington is where I live. The Ranger station is about 2 miles from my house. I know most of the trails through the State Forrest, but the slag (large gravel) that they have put down on the major roads kinda sucks! Still a lot of miles to ride through the woods though. Give me a call if you are headed out this way!

I've got 5 acres here, so if we are ever headed out for a ride in this area, we can meet up at my place if you want. Plenty of room to leave any extra vehicles if people need. Or for beer after the ride! BYOB!!

Also, Eden State Park is my next door neighbor. No place to ride, but pretty if anyone is interested.

Davesrb

·
Registered
321 Posts
Its a little far but someone said you can wheel at Apalachicola. However there is a ranger station between 30A and Panama City that Im going to stop at and see if we can wheel in the woods there. It looks like a lot of wooded property and it appears there are some trails. I was going to go by there and give them the whole we tread lightly speech and see if they will let us in from time to time to play. Craig if so you and I should go check it out one day so we can plan our ride.
sounds good to me.:D

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Rooster, Point Washington is where I live. The Ranger station is about 2 miles from my house. I know most of the trails through the State Forrest, but the slag (large gravel) that they have put down on the major roads kinda sucks! Still a lot of miles to ride through the woods though. Give me a call if you are headed out this way!

I've got 5 acres here, so if we are ever headed out for a ride in this area, we can meet up at my place if you want. Plenty of room to leave any extra vehicles if people need. Or for beer after the ride! BYOB!!

Also, Eden State Park is my next door neighbor. No place to ride, but pretty if anyone is interested.

Davesrb
Sweet! Sounds like we need to check that out and thank you for offering your land as an ending spot. That would be pretty cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts