JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive only been in a year but I cant stay off the water (when it's at least 50 degrees...)

Puget Sound is my home. Lots of waterways to explore.

That's Mount Rainier in the background btw.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yup....currently I use my JK to tow my wwp15 and other assorted sailing/kayaking toys around the sw, grew up sailing 30'-60' sloops mostly out of Long Island.......

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have a Hobie F14 and a Hobie F16. They are not big boats but man are they fun and fast. We will don wetsuits and sail in colder weather down to mid 50's. I need to take them out more often.
I live on Long Island, NY and sail out of Heckshire state park.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a Pearson 26 and I sail it on a tributary of, and on the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, MD.

May be putting her on the market in the spring for an upgrade!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not a sailor but a lifelong boater...

Nice vessel Skipper - my next slip neighbor here in the marina has a 28' Catalina with a diesel - I've been out with him and his wife a few times and really enjoyed it.

My boat has just gotten more "bloated" over the years - my previous vessel was a 1970 43' Hatteras FDMY with twin DD 8V53Ns - she was a "bulldozer" of a vessel.

Although I'm new to the forum, I'll try to attach some of my new "lady" - I've had her for 2.5 years now and just cruised her from Annapolis, down the East Coast via the ICW, across the Okechobee in Florida, across the Gulf of Mexico from Tarpon Springs to Appalachicola in a small craft advisory with sustained eights, tens and twelve foot seas for 11 hours - AT NIGHT !!! Makes you damn proud of what you got beneath you :bounce:

She is a 1989 52' Sea Ranger (an Ed Monk design) CPMY with twin Cummins 6B9TAs. She has not once let me down - and, although she is "thirsty" at hull speed (12 knots) - she can be downright economical at 7.5 knots - meaning a tad over 4 gallons per hour.

I hope these pictures come through - again - a nice vessel you have there skipper.

dcboater:gluging:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
shweeet, nice woodwork. I'd never go home and the jeep might feel lonesome, dang, of course a pearson 26 is waaaay cool. Still love my potter.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
to Appalachicola in a small craft advisory with sustained eights, tens and twelve foot seas for 11 hours - AT NIGHT !!! Makes you damn proud of what you got beneath you :bounce:
Uh... I'd be chumming for sure! :puke:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Worst part about a blow bote??? If it don't blow you don't boat.

Wife's cousin had a hobie, used to do regattas around key biscayne, one year the winds were non existant and it took almost 9 hours

Must have throttle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts