JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first build- took a standard 10/22 carbine and built this tack driver out of it

I just completed my 2nd build. For this build I decided to not buy a gun. Instead I bought a stripped receiver, and then bought all aftermarket parts from various websites, LGS, and a couple things that had been removed from my AR-15. So the receiver is the only standard part of this rifle.

It still needs a front sight. The rear flip-up sight was taken off my AR-15. My AR had a standard A2 front sight, so I didn't have a flip-up sight on it to move over. I have a front sight ordered for this gun to finish it off. Eventually I want to get a SS barrel on this gun, but that will wait. I just finished the build Wednesday night, so I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Subscribed, I've been wanting a built 10/22 but can't decide to build the stock one I have or keep it and buy one that's complete.

· Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Build. You will enjoy doing and take pride knowing it was all yours.

Besides there is no reason to buy a built one. That's like buying a built jepp fom the dealership- your going to overpay.

If you ever did want to return your original bck to stock form, you could do it in less than 30 minutes. But you wom't want to

· Registered
424 Posts
I want to build one but need to find a 10/22. Anybody got a lead on one? Any model.

· Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm starting to see them back in stock at gun stores, and even big box stores. Prices on gunbroker are dropping too.

Or you can do like I did on that 2nd build- bought the receiver off gunbroker, and then bought all aftermarket parts for everything else.

· Registered
424 Posts
I will start looking in stores again. Kinda gave up but I think things are settling down again. I like the idea of building from ground up. I will look into that. Nice guns BTW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.