JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna be buying a set of 35x12.50r17s and was looking at the toyo m/t and the nitto trail grappler mt but i see they are both load range is will they wear better? Get worse fuel milage?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Load range E on a light jk = :bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
698 Posts
i haven't been able to get a good balance on my e range tires since new. just delt with it and swore to never buy them again.

it could just be my tires though who knows.

oh they are procomp extreme all terrians at 315 75 16

Lou

·
Registered
803 Posts
E rated tires are heavy thus have a negative effect on fuel economy due to the higher unsprung mass.
I generally run my Toyo OPMT at 28psi, to get more miles to the gallon on longer distance highway rides 32psi, offroad down to 12-15psi. They balance nicely and too early to tell for me regarding wear.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
E rated tires are heavy thus have a negative effect on fuel economy due to the higher unsprung mass.
I generally run my Toyo OPMT at 28psi, to get more miles to the gallon on longer distance highway rides 32psi, offroad down to 12-15psi. They balance nicely and too early to tell for me regarding wear.
x2 for me with my Toyo's. Heavy? Yes. But very round, easy to balance, and drive great. :D

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Fine on road, but offroad toyos don't bag out worth a crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Fine on road, but offroad toyos don't bag out worth a crap.
Toyo's need to be aired down to 10-12 psi, without beadlocks, and about 8 with -- they'll do just fine and will hang, if not outperform, MTR/K's all day long. I run 28 psi on the highway, rotate through all 5 every 4,000 miles, and have 68,000 miles on my 35" Toyo's. They're starting to chuck when I wheel but they've got plenty of miles left. Just make sure you like them before you buy 'cause you'll have them for a while.

Here's a pic from a couple of months ago showing how much tread I still have left.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Just make sure you like them before you buy 'cause you'll have them for a while.
That's my problem. I have them in 33.5" (295/70/17) and wish that I would have just picked them up in 35's from the beginning! :bawling: I have almost 30k miles on them and they barely look half used!

Who wants to buy a slightly used set of 33.5" Toyo MT's??? :laughing:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the e-rated trxxus from interco. Sidewalls don't flex much but I am too lazy to air down anyway, plus with no lift and 33's I need all the clearance I can get. One side benefit of these tires is I got a flat and was still able to drive on the tire, I actually didn't even know it was flat, just thought it was a little low until I checked the pressure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the trail grapplers and love them...for sure a rougher ride than stock but I run 30psi and it's not bad also they are wearing great for a MT

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have 37" nitto mt and run them at 30psi I'll be buying them again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.