JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just happened to catch this a few minutes ago and I was compelled to tell someone how terrible I thought it was.

These guys are as unprofessional as they cone and treat the animals with a severe lack of respect.

Talking about how much an animal is "worth" while you giving it an injection and having your inexperienced partner hold its head is asinine. Especially when its injuries were due to an attempted breeding so they could make more $10,000 animals.

Discovery Channel should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my cellular communication device.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
That's pretty disappointing. I think that now all of these networks are putting any idiot they can dig up in front of a camera doing whatever they find unusual just to see if they have the next Dealiest Catch or Axe Men styled breakout hit.

You may find the Discovery Channel has no shame to speak of.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
These guys are definitely idiots. The NY brother should be fed to a gator. He can't really be that fucking useless, can he?

Discovery Channel has been reaching as poorly as MTV to sell TV. It's just sad.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
you'd be surprised how much of it is the director/producer

I've been an animal wrangler on several of those type shows and something as simple as going over and picking up a very docile, nonvenomous snake for a removal - "ok can you do it again, but maybe this time run and jump on it... maybe see if you can get it to bite you!"

I started having a talk with the producers before hand saying "ok, theres sensationalism to spice things up for tv, then there's outright lying - which kind of show are you shooting for?"

I've demanded my name be withheld on the credits for 2 different shows because of that crap.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you'd be surprised how much of it is the director/producer

I've been an animal wrangler on several of those type shows and something as simple as going over and picking up a very docile, nonvenomous snake for a removal - "ok can you do it again, but maybe this time run and jump on it... maybe see if you can get it to bite you!"

I started having a talk with the producers before hand saying "ok, theres sensationalism to spice things up for tv, then there's outright lying - which kind of show are you shooting for?"

I've demanded my name be withheld on the credits for 2 different shows because of that crap.
I was hoping you'd reply. In my mind it makes the handlers look bad and I wouldn't buy a reptile from that guy due to the way he handles himself and his livestock.

Clowns!

Marcus

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
actually, glades has been around for a looooooong time
I think I first visited their shop in 88 or 89, but that was back when Bill Love owned the place.
Bill is a top notch guy who sold the place to run an eco-tour company (Blue Chameleon Ventures) doing photographic tours of madagascar in order to raise awareness of the massive habitat destruction going on there.
He and his wife Cathy, made themselves pretty well to do by creating dozens of boutique color varieties and mutations of corn snakes back in the early 90s through selective breeding and figuring out the genetics of the species.

After Bill sold the place it went through a couple of owners and ended up with Robroy McIness for a long time.
I never could get along with him, waay too money hungry.
He was a big part of the downhill greed slide the place took.

My last 3 trips to the shop, he tried to dick me on deals all 3 times and I never went back. Once on a pair of green mambas, then a pair of aussie death adders then on a spur thigh tortoise I was trading towards a pair of bushmasters and a pair of new guinea taipans.
plus the guy let his teenage son run amok in the shop even to the point of running into the venomous room and yelling and playing while we were trying to sex a pair of king cobras, the guy working the hot room yelled at him to get out and he said - I shit you not "I'm gonna go tell my daddy!"

I don't even know who these clowns are, I really havent paid that much attention to them the last few years.

Pretty much ever since Robroy, the place has been all about the $$, the hell with the animals.

They moved locations 10 or so years ago, we went down and hunted the vacant lot next to where they used to be a couple of weeks after they moved out - of course we caught a lot of exotic species, but also saw piles of dead tortoise shells and various animal "debris".
Not cool.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually, glades has been around for a looooooong time
I think I first visited their shop in 88 or 89, but that was back when Bill Love owned the place.
Bill is a top notch guy who sold the place to run an eco-tour company (Blue Chameleon Ventures) doing photographic tours of madagascar in order to raise awareness of the massive habitat destruction going on there.
He and his wife Cathy, made themselves pretty well to do by creating dozens of boutique color varieties and mutations of corn snakes back in the early 90s through selective breeding and figuring out the genetics of the species.

After Bill sold the place it went through a couple of owners and ended up with Robroy McIness for a long time.
I never could get along with him, waay too money hungry.
He was a big part of the downhill greed slide the place took.

My last 3 trips to the shop, he tried to dick me on deals all 3 times and I never went back. Once on a pair of green mambas, then a pair of aussie death adders then on a spur thigh tortoise I was trading towards a pair of bushmasters and a pair of new guinea taipans.
plus the guy let his teenage son run amok in the shop even to the point of running into the venomous room and yelling and playing while we were trying to sex a pair of king cobras, the guy working the hot room yelled at him to get out and he said - I shit you not "I'm gonna go tell my daddy!"

I don't even know who these clowns are, I really havent paid that much attention to them the last few years.

Pretty much ever since Robroy, the place has been all about the $$, the hell with the animals.

They moved locations 10 or so years ago, we went down and hunted the vacant lot next to where they used to be a couple of weeks after they moved out - of course we caught a lot of exotic species, but also saw piles of dead tortoise shells and various animal "debris".
Not cool.
Man that's terrible. I hate to hear of stuff like that and respect you for going in after the move and attempting to help the abandoned.

You're insane for owning Mambas, Adders, ect, but I sure do love peering into their cages and wondering what they are thinking about. Ha ha!

Marcus

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I sure do love peering into their cages and wondering what they are thinking about. Ha ha!
Go ahead...come a little closer fucker...make my fucking afternoon!:thefinger:

I actually caught a little of that show last night and was hoping one of the bastards would get a leg caught in the jaws of death.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go ahead...come a little closer fucker...make my fucking afternoon!:thefinger:

I actually caught a little of that show last night and was hoping one of the bastards would get a leg caught in the jaws of death.
I can only imagine you cheering at the TV in your skirt and flip flops. :thefinger::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I save the skirt for when the Jehova's witnesses come to the hood to save souls.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts