JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the TJ bumpers on your website. Do you have an ETA for the JK? Wadda ya say?

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
805-783-2060 :bounce: :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
I see the TJ bumpers on your website. Do you have an ETA for the JK? Wadda ya say?
We have been working on getting our suspension kits on the shelf so the bumpers have not been finished yet, it will realistically be a month or two. Have you seen what we have made so far? I will try to post up some pics. I am trying to figure out what to do with the rear tire mount, to make the top of the bumper flat with a high tire for departure clearance or notch the middle of the bumper for a lower tire with rear view mirror visability? What would you prefer?

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
how about a notched bumper with a 2 position or adjustable mount on the carrier?
That way it would fit different tire sizes and allow you to either carry high for clearance or low for visibility.
Carry low during the week and high on trail runs.
Just my $.02 :mr-t:

·
Registered
592 Posts
how about a notched bumper with a 2 position or adjustable mount on the carrier?
That way it would fit different tire sizes and allow you to either carry high for clearance or low for visibility.
Carry low during the week and high on trail runs.
Just my $.02 :mr-t:
That's a good idea, I'll see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first preference would be the flat top bumper with the tire being up higher. I'm not REAL concerned with visiblity out the rear window.

Venom's idea of an adjustable height carrier sounds like a good idea.

Whatever keeps the cost down as low as possible works for me. I think I saw what you've designed for the JK over at JK Forum, but...well...those pics aren't there any more.

Pics would be cool when you get a chance. Thanks!

We have been working on getting our suspension kits on the shelf so the bumpers have not been finished yet, it will realistically be a month or two. Have you seen what we have made so far? I will try to post up some pics. I am trying to figure out what to do with the rear tire mount, to make the top of the bumper flat with a high tire for departure clearance or notch the middle of the bumper for a lower tire with rear view mirror visability? What would you prefer?

·
Registered
592 Posts
It's definately easier to make with a flat top and looks better too.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
One thing I would like and I already modified my LoD one for this is to have the license plate and light located on the bumper or in my case I used the tire carrier. The factory location for the plate is a nice target for rocks and trees. ;)

I am installing my 7-prong trailer electrical connection and had to torch a hole in my LoD bumper as there is no provision for ANY trailer electrical.

The 2x2 receiver is nice that it is tucked into the bumper and accessible by the bumper storage compartment (I really like this storage compartment feature) and the receiver is out of harms way.

Unfortunately I am also welding on some quick links for trailer safety chains as LoD didn't provide any. :shaking:

It would be nice if somehow there is a way to protect the spare tire so it can not be ripped off the carrier or other damage when coming off of ledges such as White Knuckle Hill in Moab. I and most of us with rear tire carriers had to remove our spares to run this obstacle.

The spare tire carrier should provide a space for the third brake light relocation or a new third brake light.

I personally would like to see mounting locations for one or two antennas for CB's and such. Having the antenna mounts on top of the tire carrier would be a good spot. This could be as simple as a couple of weld on tabs.

One of my pet peeves is the way everyone is building the bumpers so tight to the body. I'd like to see a little gap between the two so the bumper protects the body, not flexes up into it.

Well that's what comes to mind at the moment.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's definately easier to make with a flat top and looks better too.
I agree that it looks better. The other bumper/tire carriers I've seen have too much going on with multiple angled surfaces and whatnot. I'm looking for a simpler design...something not so bulky & boxy.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Take a look at the post about Poly's Rockers, there are some photos for the prototypes there.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
here are a couple pics of some proto's lbh has...

Thanks lbh, and by the way, great looking rig. :beer::beer:

The pics are a little small but man is this stuff nice! :smokin: He had some pics of the front winch bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and a rack for the cargo area.

I really like the front bumper and if I had seen this before I got my Schrockworks stuby I would have gone this route. The rear bumper is what I am interested in though. I have been looking for one and this is the first I have seen and I really want it! PolyP, you hear that! Sell me one, lol!! I will buy a proto and give feedback and post whore it all over!!! :D:beer::beer:

Can't wait, any word on when these are available and I am curious on how Jerry cans would mount...

Here is some words about it;
lbh said:
These are the front and rear bumpers for the JK from Poly Performance. These are prototypes and a few changes will be made from my understanding (I don’t work for Poly). Apparently, Poly is going to make a mount for the lic plate on the passenger side were it wont be sp vulnerable. I also recall the possibility of a High Lift Mount and some mounts for Jerry cans. As for the front, I believe Poly is going to attempt to incorporate the factory fog lamps into the bumper. I have a Warn Powerplant in the garage, and they are currently making a few mods to allow this winch to work with this bumper. The quality of these Prototypes is very very high! With the exception of a few areas of rust (hinge and handle are not coated yet, but I am certain they will be on the production run) The welds are second to none and the overall fit and finish Is great. These bumpers offer a ton of protection. I am certain that Poly will have great success with these as a lot of time and energy went into the development. I know they are looking for feedback with regards to the tire placement. I like it high, but it does cut down on the rear view, you can see out the back with my 37 inch tire. I like it high though as it has great clearance and departure angles. I also took some photos of the rear basket, this was on display at the off road expo. The quality is awesome, I can’t speak enough about Poly’s work quality. The rack does NOT RATTLE and is very strong. In fact it looks factory! The rack doubles the workable storage place. Again, sorry for the night photos, I just wanted to get them to you ASAP. Let me know if you want anything specific. The Jeep is also sitting on Poly Performances Synergy system with the Fox Shocks. Good luck, give Poly Performance a call, they are very helpful and will take as much time as you need to answer questions.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pics lbh and WTF_LOL. :beer:

It's hard to tell, but is there a place to mount lights on the front bumper? Looks like there is. A winch height hoop with light mounting tabs would look good.

I'm diggin' the rear bumper/carrier.

Let's go GOAT1! My rear door with the 35 on it is starting to make some noises that just don't seem...uhhh...structurally sound :eek: :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Those are some very sweet bumpers! :smokin: I'd love to see some larger pics but this is a great start. I hope that PolyP can incorporate the fog lights into the front bumper. I want a stubby style winch bumper but so far haven't seen any that keep the fogs.

Very Cool Stuff!

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Let's go GOAT1! My rear door with the 35 on it is starting to make some noises that just don't seem...uhhh...structurally sound :eek: :D
lol, x2. I keep picturing hitting hard one of these times and having that "noise" suddenly be much louder folled by my expressions :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
My last conversation with Poly, they stated that there were working on a way to incorperate the factory fog lights into the front bumper. I have no doubt that if any body can do this, they will. The production bumpers will also have a stayle that fits the powerplant as previous mentioned. Be patient, they will get these out ASAP I am sure. I know that they are focused on the suspension. THe rear basket is hot too.

·
Registered
689 Posts
i TOOK SOME NEW PHOTOS TONIGHT, SORRY THEY ARE IN THE DARK, BUT A GUY HAS TO WORK. AGAIN, THESE ARE PROTOTYPES AND THE PRODUCTION MODELS SHOULD HAVE A FEW DIFFERENCES (LIC PLATE MOUNT ON PASSANGER SIDE, PLATING ETC) AGAIN, I DONT WORK FOR POLY, THIS WAS JUST THE LAST INFO I HAD.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts