JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any problems with water leaking in during severe weather? Noticed mine first this past fall. Got a VERY bad water issue...had to syphon it out and use the floor drains. Carpet soaked on both sides. Thought this was just due to my poorly fitting Trektop.

But weve had a lot of rain here lately. Just for kicks I went to check it out again on both front sides and yep...whaddayaknow the carpet is pretty damn wet. Leaking in through.....? Door sills?

Idk. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, could be your poorly fitting trektop.
Ah yes sorry, forgot to mention I took that off and sent it back to get a new one. But I put my stock freedom top back on. Been on all winter.

·
Registered
285 Posts
LOL. I'm pretty sure 7 out of 10 JK's leak from the factory. Mine does it sometimes from the outer corner of the freedom panels. Mine seems to leak depending on the angle it is parked in the driveway. If I park with the nose up it will leak but just a little blast on my shoulder. Then it wont leak again until it sits in the rain for awhile. Never seems to leak when driving in the rain. I do use a liberal coat of NAPA's silglyde silocone on all the rubber seals and that seems to cut down the leaks. Check to see if there are any gaps in the seals on the freedom panels and if they are closely aligned in the front. When I first got my Jeep and before I figure the leak thing out I would just stuff paper towels between the roll bar an top to soak up all the water that leaked in.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL. I'm pretty sure 7 out of 10 JK's leak from the factory. Mine does it sometimes from the outer corner of the freedom panels. Mine seems to leak depending on the angle it is parked in the driveway. If I park with the nose up it will leak but just a little blast on my shoulder. Then it wont leak again until it sits in the rain for awhile. Never seems to leak when driving in the rain. I do use a liberal coat of NAPA's silglyde silocone on all the rubber seals and that seems to cut down the leaks. Check to see if there are any gaps in the seals on the freedom panels and if they are closely aligned in the front. When I first got my Jeep and before I figure the leak thing out I would just stuff paper towels between the roll bar an top to soak up all the water that leaked in.

Good luck
lol 7/10 huh. Alright glad im not alone. Thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
No leaks here, but I do clean all seals before installing hardtop or softtop. Did you put the freedomtop wingnuts back in as well?

·
Registered
489 Posts
My soft tops leaks.I replaced the header seal plate and still need to replace the header seal. It seems like it depends on how hard it is raining and wich way the wind is blowing.we did get alot of rain here in the Hudson valley but it did not leak with this storm.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dude, its a Jeep! They all leak!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts