JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few surfers in the JC. Would any of you have a bodyboard that you don't use and want to trade? I have a surfboard that I am willing to trade for a decent bodyboard. The surfboard I believe is a Burning Spears 6'3" (kinda thin 150lb or less). I'm too heavy for this one, and still have my longboard and 6'4" fish. Thinking of getting a bodyboard so that the wife can join me in the water this summer. Somehow misplaced my old school Morey Boogie Mach 7 in the move.

Let me know if you do and we can see what's what. I also have a Ride snowboard setup that I might consider parting with if the surfboard isn't to your liking...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
both of my brothers surf and have quite a collection of boards and even make thier own if you would like me to get you guys "in touch" They do Jersey in the fricking hurricanes, but also all over the west coast and even Hawaii....my 22nd birthday present from my little bro was a custom-made wetsuit. Pretty cool, huh? Not something any of you would know about me..... my first time out was on a long board and I got knocked over simply by the wind before I even hit the water! Then, my bros were so pissed off I got up on my first try..... well, it was a long-board and I watched them for years.....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I know there are a few surfers in the JC. Would any of you have a bodyboard that you don't use and want to trade? I have a surfboard that I am willing to trade for a decent bodyboard. The surfboard I believe is a Burning Spears 6'3" (kinda thin 150lb or less). I'm too heavy for this one, and still have my longboard and 6'4" fish. Thinking of getting a bodyboard so that the wife can join me in the water this summer. Somehow misplaced my old school Morey Boogie Mach 7 in the move.

Let me know if you do and we can see what's what. I also have a Ride snowboard setup that I might consider parting with if the surfboard isn't to your liking...
Too bad I'm on to snowboarding bro, just too damn cold for too much of the year for me to actually enjoy surfing

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too bad I'm on to snowboarding bro, just too damn cold for too much of the year for me to actually enjoy surfing
I hear ya. I used to prepare by taking gradually colder showers so it didn't hit me with complete shock heading out in >40* waters. I am totally considering a new thick winter suit though. A 4/3 in winter only goes so far...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your going to need the extra flotation opt on any body board. Your body ain't flat like a board no more!
You ain't kidding! My fish is quite a bit thicker than this shortboard.

The body board is more for Kristin though. Just something that she'd be able to get out in the water with and get used to the feeling of getting into/onto waves with before I get her on a stand-up board. And if I ever decide to teach her on my longboard in small surf, something that I can paddle around and coach her with. Plan on getting back into the water very very soon. I miss it, and have a new center fin and leash that need to be christened on the longboard. :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.