JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm getting ready to put my new rubi axles in my JK. I will have my D30/D44 combo up for sale soon. They've been off road twice. 16,000 miles or so on them.

Front D30
5.13 gears
G2 Diff cover
complete minus brake rotors (has calipers, Brackets, and pads)
will possibly have a draglink flip knuckle with it.
i'll throw in spare front driveshaft

Rear D44
5.13 gears
open diff
G2 diff cover
RK track bar bracket (complete with ugly welds)
no brakes

I was thinking 800 for the set, but i don't really know what they go for. They won't be ready for a few weeks (waiting on parts to get the D44's in) but i wanted to see if anyone wanted them.

Located near pittsburgh pa (15015)

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder how hard it would be to stick these under a YJ.
Il throw in a tie rod and it'd be a piece of cake. Lop off the mounts, burn on the spring plates for the yj, add a diy drag link with the weld in inserts for a tre...

My buddy has one in the back of his Xj.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I want your gears... 5.13's beast, and 800 ain't bad for the whole set...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ever make it over towards the Michigan aree at all? Definitely have my interest because buying and installing these would be cheaper than having new gears installed in my current axles! When gears were installed, what brand are they, and did they install master rubild kits as well? Just trying to get all the info to see if this might work for me.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ever make it over towards the Michigan aree at all? Definitely have my interest because buying and installing these would be cheaper than having new gears installed in my current axles! When gears were installed, what brand are they, and did they install master rubild kits as well? Just trying to get all the info to see if this might work for me.
they're G2. I installed them and i did master kits with them as well HOWEVER, i didn't replace the carrier bearings/races, just the pinion bearings. The ones that were in it were in great shape and there was no reason to pull them and risk nicking a bearing surface, etc.

they've always had fresh gear oil/lucas run through them (50:50 ratio)

i could meet you in toledo or something like that. I went to BGSU so the wife and i could take a ride out and visit some friends...

just a thought.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I could definitely do toledo. How are the ball joints on the front axle? What time frame are you looking at? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to see what other costs might be involved, because I'm very interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could definitely do toledo. How are the ball joints on the front axle? What time frame are you looking at? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to see what other costs might be involved, because I'm very interested.

Thanks!
they pass the shake test with it off the ground. And i don't have any wierd shakes or vibes. No DW or anything like that. These are off my wife's jeep. it's been off road exactly 3 times. once in a snowy field, once on old county roads, and sunday i went to Rausch creek with it and ran blues.

it's never worn tires unevenly or anything either. So as best i can tell it's straight and true and doesn't need anything.

i'm hoping in the next 2 to 3 weeks that i'll have the JK done.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ok, that's cool. What size tires were you running? I'm guessing 35's? I know you posted that they had about 17K miles on the gears, how many miles are on the actual axles? I'm definitely interested if you are able to get them to the toledo area for the price you posted. I can very easily make it down there, and drag a small trailer behind the Jeep to get them from you. Do you think there's any chance you would be able to have them out, and over this way by the first or second week of August?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts