JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I live in North MS and I have not been able to find any good trails to ride around here. Just wanting if anyone on here knew of any good trails within the mid-south area. Any jeepers from or close to MS hit me up.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Hot Springs, AR - Grey Rock, AL - Morris Mountain, AL

are all probably the closest with anything resembling rocks

if you want mud, there's a few places around. Something up near Tupelo.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
local jeep club that has a few guys that occasionally goes and rides is cmsja.org

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome man I really appreciate it. Its been hard to find places around here to ride. Usually drive down to Sardis Lake with some friends but the GOV ddesnt really like trucks and jeeps riding out there they, they allow atvs with no problems.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yeah there isnt much. I use to live outside of Collins, MS and other that some ATV parks there isnt much for full vehicles. My Grandparents have about 400 acres but nothing worth 4x4...

·
Registered
865 Posts
try barnyardmudboggers.com in fulton ms. open like every other weekend. they are trying to get more trucks and jeeps, but has mostly been 4 wheelers. doing a fund raiser for ashley's angels in a few days, not sure which weekend

also try enid lake. they allow any thing as long as you do not drive across the camp grounds. it is all corps of engineers land. just out of water valley south of sardis

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I've heard of barnyard. and I know exactly where enid lake is. I hunt in duck hill. but up here like at sardis lake bottom the corp doesn't like vehicles only 4 wheelers with helmets. but nobody listens but the fine is crazy if your caught. hey redneck where ya from?

·
Registered
865 Posts
yeah I've heard of barnyard. and I know exactly where enid lake is. I hunt in duck hill. but up here like at sardis lake bottom the corp doesn't like vehicles only 4 wheelers with helmets. but nobody listens but the fine is crazy if your caught. hey redneck where ya from?
pontotoc. we did a ride at enid last august and the rangers told us that as long as we did not ride across the campgrounds that we could ride all we wanted, no rules, no limits. most of the trails are for 4wheelers but there are a lot of stuff you can do in a 4x4. at that time the lake was down while they repaired the levee and you could ride for miles. keep an eye out for me passing through olive branch. i go through there twice a week. my jeep is a jeep green 2 door, hardtop with black steel wheels and 33" toyo mt's, 2.5 inch lift, and a smittybuilt bumper and winch. give a wave if you see me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool I just got back from tupelo tonight. I was thinking one of these we should get all the MS guys on here to meet up and ride sometime.. but I will keep a lookout for ya.

·
Registered
865 Posts
cool I just got back from tupelo tonight. I was thinking one of these we should get all the MS guys on here to meet up and ride sometime.. but I will keep a lookout for ya.
next time you are going to be in Tupelo on a weekend give me a shout. i work away on the road ( in New Jersey now) but get home most weekends. maybe meet up for dinner and a beer or two. i messed up in my other message, i got you and another guy mixed up. i noticed you from Senatobia? my wife works for NW community College on the Oxford campus. the Ashley Angels benefit ride at barnyard is coming up soon, but i don't have a date yet. maybe you would be interested?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah man just let me know about that benefit. I ve still got a lot of work I wanna do to my jeep. But send me a pm when ya hear something. I work on the ambulance here so there is no telling when I will be at work. You got a nice looking jeep man.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah man just let me know about that benefit. I ve still got a lot of work I wanna do to my jeep. But send me a pm when ya hear something. I work on the ambulance here so there is no telling when I will be at work. You got a nice looking jeep man.
thanks for the kind words. i will post the time in the MS. section of the forum as soon as i get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a particular trail head at Enid? Got 10K on my rubi and yet to get on the trails. Need to break her in on some mild trails.:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
sorry guys, have not checked in here in a month. do most of my stuff in the southeast section. you guys missed a good ride at Hawk Pride in Tuscumbia, Al.. wet and sloppy but had a good time. :smokin:

·
Registered
865 Posts
looking at doing a run up to Hawk Pride Mountain in May. y'all start figuring which weekend you can take off. there are only 3 ratings there and one of them is the main road around the place. a lot of fun dry. sloppy as hell and slick when wet.

·
Registered
865 Posts
still don't have anything nailed down, but it is looking more like Memorial Day weekend. your stock tires will work fine if it is dry. there is one hill there that is iffy if it rains. we have plenty of winches and lots of straps, so you won't be left behind. if the bigger jeeps start a climb that you don't want to try it is very easy to go around and watch from the top. this is what i did on my first trip there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts