JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Factory warranty recently expired, got a letter in the mail stating I can extend it, looked up what it would cost me.... they quoted me at 3600, 200 a month. F-that. Not even close to worth it.

Anyways, anyone had good luck with any of the aftermarket extended warranty coverage options?

I got a quote online for 1600, 80 a month, but I don't want to fish out a down payment then go in for a repair in 2 months and find out they wont cover shit,,,

Thanks....

·
Registered
921 Posts
i have 2 weeks or 500 miles before my factory warranty expires and been debating for months if i should add an extended warranty.
I think im just going to pass and just fix things as i go. Plus whenever the dealership touches the jeep, it ends up worse then before.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Pretty much ALL Aftermarkey Warrantys suck.
I work at a dealer and see them all the time.
Read fine print:
They use used parts, sub standard parts, no rental, most need inspections which could mean days or weeks, etc.
I purchased my Lifetime Max-Care $100 deductable for around $2600.
I believe it is money well spent.
A/C goes out:
That bill alone could cost $1500 out of my pocket.
A locker goes:
That is over $2000
Think about it before you buy any warranty.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Factory warranty recently expired, got a letter in the mail stating I can extend it, looked up what it would cost me.... they quoted me at 3600, 200 a month. F-that. Not even close to worth it.

Anyways, anyone had good luck with any of the aftermarket extended warranty coverage options?

I got a quote online for 1600, 80 a month, but I don't want to fish out a down payment then go in for a repair in 2 months and find out they wont cover shit,,,

Thanks....
85% of aftermarket warranties are crap! Ive worked in dealerships for 12yrs and trust me ive seen these warranties at work. The amount you pay out of pocket is crazy for what they DONT cover. These fly by night companies pay for your vehicle info and try to offer you a warranty..never ever buy one you will regret it. Mogie seems to be a real popular one as of recent years and heres some info on it... http://mogi.pissedconsumer.com/

If your factory warranty is out there isnt a way to buy one from Jeep. So if you do purchase an aftermarket warranty call the dealer and speak to someone in the service dept and see if there is one they can reccomend.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
On a vehicle with modifications? No way would I do an aftermarket warranty, they'll void parts so fast it'll strip the ring & pinion of yours! :lol: . I'm kidding, but really, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a vehicle with modifications? No way would I do an aftermarket warranty, they'll void parts so fast it'll strip the ring & pinion of yours! :lol: . I'm kidding, but really, it's not worth it.
Hahaha. Asshole. :thefinger:

Yeah I figured they were all crap. But I just wanted to see if maybe there was a few decent companies that exist. Apparently not.

Guess I may try my luck at getting mine renewed through the dealer. Not sure that would phase out real well either.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You should be able to get an aftermarket warranty through most dealerships. They work with certain comapanies and usually they are good but only cover certain areas..like only drivetrain...only suspension...so do your homework and do it well! Chrysler may even offer one...but one good thing about buying it while its still under the original warranty is that sometimes you can have it figured into financing.

Sent with Tapatalk while watching chicks get naked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.