JKOwners Forum banner

Any GLOCK fans?

9K views 72 replies 38 participants last post by  rockrash 
#1 ·
I shot in the IDPA with my 19 and got a 36 for concealment. I am now looking for a 23.

Just wondering if anybody else likes Glocks?

#2 ·
Yup!

I like Glocks, But my budget is tight right now... I have been looking at the 23 also...

I currently carry the SA XD9SC, And it's an excellent gun, IMO

I predict this thread to be a BIG one! :)

#5 ·
Glock fan? of course... !!!

I have a 17, 23, 26, 38. Love them all and shoot at least once a week. Usually go through 3-400 rounds a week.

#7 ·
I carry the G30 (10 round .45). Great gun. One of the reasons I prefer Glock is that all you do is point and pull the trigger...no thumb safety to deal with.

They're kinda like Jeeps. They're not the prettiest thing out there but they do what they're designed to do and do it well.

#10 ·
I'm a great fan of Glocks, and think they hard to beat, great all round firearm. I have a 17, 19, 23C, 26, 32C, 34 and 36.

I've done quite a bit of trigger work on a few of them and got some nice crisp light trigger pulls.

I carry a STI 2011 9x23 most of the time, but also carry the 19 quite a bit.

#11 ·
The 23 is a great gun. I am wearing one right now in fact. This gun does very well everyday in a harsh saltwater/salt air environment about 60 hours per week with very little maintenance.

Just gotta make sure the firing pin rattles when you have the slide off the gun. If you shake it and you don't hear the rattle then it is gummed up and there is a possibility it won't fire.

#12 ·
Good to know. I put about 10,000 rounds through my 19 and it only jammed once in a competition on me. My buddy decided to give him an unfair advantage and put in a used brass in my mag. I put two shots out and then "click". The brass got wedged in the gun. What a bastard:pissed: now that i look back at it... it was pretty funny.

#18 ·
ehh...I only sold it because I didn't have use for it, and I did have use for an extra chunk of cash that I got out of it.

It was a second gen, new in 1996, and it only had like 1000 rounds thru it, tells you how much it was getting used.

#24 · (Edited)
I like Glocks because after I shoot I can take it apart and put it in the dishwasher for a cycle and it is good as new! :D They are very tough guns and do very well in harsh environments. I have been carrying one Glock for over 10 years in a harsh salt water/air environment where I am outside the entire time and there is no hint of corrosion because of it.

My Para-Ordinance needed to be cleaned and polished at least once every two weeks in this same environment.

#34 ·
Glocks are #1

For now I've got just a few: 17, 19, 20, 22, 26, 31 barrel for the 22, 37, 39. That's all for now. But as I tell my wife I need just one more... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.