JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot in the IDPA with my 19 and got a 36 for concealment. I am now looking for a 23.

Just wondering if anybody else likes Glocks?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Yup!

I like Glocks, But my budget is tight right now... I have been looking at the 23 also...

I currently carry the SA XD9SC, And it's an excellent gun, IMO

I predict this thread to be a BIG one! :)

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup!

I like Glocks, But my budget is tight right now... I have been looking at the 23 also...

I currently carry the SA XD9SC, And it's an excellent gun, IMO

I predict this thread to be a BIG one! :)
That SA is a nice gun!

Yeah... i bet this will be a popular thread...

Here is an old pic from the IDPA match, just wanted to share

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I have a 32C and I really l like it, the .357 sig is a great round but it's just too expensive to shoot nearly as much as I'd like:bawling:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Glock fan? of course... !!!

I have a 17, 23, 26, 38. Love them all and shoot at least once a week. Usually go through 3-400 rounds a week.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
I bought a Glock 35 a few months back and still haven't shot it :pissed:

DC should include a Glock as an option.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I carry the G30 (10 round .45). Great gun. One of the reasons I prefer Glock is that all you do is point and pull the trigger...no thumb safety to deal with.

They're kinda like Jeeps. They're not the prettiest thing out there but they do what they're designed to do and do it well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i do, in fact, like my glock. beauty in simplicity. I am about 3 months away from having my CCW liscense and then i will never have to seperate myself from my g26:grinpimp:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yep,...G26 G27, carry either daily.

[

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I'm a great fan of Glocks, and think they hard to beat, great all round firearm. I have a 17, 19, 23C, 26, 32C, 34 and 36.

I've done quite a bit of trigger work on a few of them and got some nice crisp light trigger pulls.

I carry a STI 2011 9x23 most of the time, but also carry the 19 quite a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 23 is a great gun. I am wearing one right now in fact. This gun does very well everyday in a harsh saltwater/salt air environment about 60 hours per week with very little maintenance.

Just gotta make sure the firing pin rattles when you have the slide off the gun. If you shake it and you don't hear the rattle then it is gummed up and there is a possibility it won't fire.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 23 is a great gun. I am wearing one right now in fact. This gun does very well everyday in a harsh saltwater/salt air environment about 60 hours per week with very little maintenance.

Just gotta make sure the firing pin rattles when you have the slide off the gun. If you shake it and you don't hear the rattle then it is gummed up and there is a possibility it won't fire.

Good to know. I put about 10,000 rounds through my 19 and it only jammed once in a competition on me. My buddy decided to give him an unfair advantage and put in a used brass in my mag. I put two shots out and then "click". The brass got wedged in the gun. What a bastard:pissed: now that i look back at it... it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I've put literally 100's of 1,000's of rounds through Glocks and never had that happen. I do clean all my guns after every firing though, whether it was 10 rds or a 1000 rds.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
I'm planning on picking up a 23 in a month or two and getting a .22 conversion for it. I love shooting my 1911, but buying 45's gets expensive.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Glock 37 & 38 here...gotta' love that GAP round...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Anybody who sells a G-17, or any Glock Model of that size needs some serious psychological interventions:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts