JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this bumper but I really dont want to have to deal with finishing.
Also I could really go for something cheaper so I can use the extra money for a few other things. Any real similar bumpers out there?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
JCR, Genright, VKS Fab.

And it doesn't take that much work to paint them...

·
Registered
723 Posts
I was looking at this same bumper today. My bumper decision will be based on shipping weight, I am overseas and limited to 80lbs.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
ACE Pro Series.

I've had both. The downside to the ACE is that you have to cut off half of the front mounting bracket and lower bar/brace. It is between the PSC Brawler Lite and the PSC BFH. Also, I have no idea why ACE didn't drill holes for the winch - there weren't even any holes in the winch plate. Just made the install a pain in the ass.

Pluses for the ACE: It is compact, strong, and comes powdercoated. All of that and it costs less than the PSC. I also like the 20" LED light provision.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Full Metal Fabworks is an option.

Reasonably priced, nice build quality, bolt on with no permanent modifications needed.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
A couple cans of Rustoleum primer and black or bed liner and your done. Best part, you can touch it up yourself cause if you wheel it, it WILL get scratched up.

-Dan
Prep with solvent to remove any oil 1 hour

Self-etching primer 3 to 4 coats 2 hours

Lightly sand and wipe down 1.5 hours

Coat with bedliner 2 hours

·
Registered
156 Posts
A couple cans of Rustoleum primer and black or bed liner and your done. Best part, you can touch it up yourself cause if you wheel it, it WILL get scratched up.

-Dan
Solid advice there!

·
Registered
66 Posts
JCR bolts on with no mods needed, you don't even have to relocate the vacuum pump on the '12+. Ive been very happy with mine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would agree with the suggestion of taking a look at full metal fabworks. I have some of their products and have seen the bumpers in person. Quality, price, and aesthetics are all very good IMO...not too mention Andrew is great people to deal with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts