Registered
3,022 Posts
Of the top of my head:
(from south to north)
Daytona
Matanzas
St Augustine
"The Jetties" (North Jax)

The further south you get, the less public beach you get= no driving on beach:beer:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Of the top of my head:
(from south to north)
Daytona
Matanzas
St Augustine
"The Jetties" (North Jax)

The further south you get, the less public beach you get= no driving on beach:beer:
Matanzas is well worth the drive !!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Rode the stretch from St. Augustine down to Crescent Beach yesterday with a guest from out of state. Made his day. Nobody there this time of year. The one 4x4-only stretch didn't really require 4 wheel drive unless you stopped and "accidentally" buried your rear wheels. Still lot's of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Yeah, the deepest sand is at the stretch between Crescent and Matanzas. Nice little run.
Just make sure you do not play your music to loud or they will think you are driving recklessly.

Also the speed limit on the beach is 10MPH which is kind of boring (but for the safety of those on the beach...I understand but people in jeeps are just as important) if you ask me so go during the off season where there is less people and can bend the rules a bit more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i think its stupid they close it at night they should let people go on when they want and locals shouldnt have to pay
It is to protect the egg laying and hatching sea turtles. And locals get a discount on the annual sticker. I get one every year.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
It is to protect the egg laying and hatching sea turtles. And locals get a discount on the annual sticker. I get one every year.
i thought turtle season was over

and if any of you guys go to matanzas and all of the st Aug beach make sure its low tide

we went to the beach cleanup sat morning i planned on driving the jeep to matanzas to get out and pick up trash well it was high tide

the area that is closed on the west side of matanzas, well the water line was well up to the beach walkover from the parking lots on the side of the highway it was crazy

i would of drove through the puddles and stuff had it been fresh water or sumthin but since its salt i dont even like to drive on the moist stuff

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
i thoughtturtel seasone was over

and if any of u guys go to matanzas and all of the st aug beach make shure its low tide

we went to the beach cleanup sat morning i planned on driving the jeep to matanzas to get out and pick up trash well it was hight tide

the area that is closed on the west side of matanzas well the water line was well up to teh beach walkover fro mteh parking lots on the side of the highway it was crazy

i would of drove thru the puddles and stuff had it been fresh water or sumthin but since its salt i dont even like to drive on teh moist stuff
WHAT?

Rinse, repeat.:shaking:

Try that sh*t again dude. I caught "pick up trash" and "the area was closed".

·
Registered
715 Posts
2 words: Spell Check :D

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
i thought turtle season was over

and if any of you guys go to matanzas and all of the st Aug beach make sure its low tide

we went to the beach cleanup sat morning i planned on driving the jeep to matanzas to get out and pick up trash well it was high tide

the area that is closed on the west side of matanzas, well the water line was well up to the beach walkover from the parking lots on the side of the highway it was crazy

i would of drove through the puddles and stuff had it been fresh water or sumthin but since its salt i dont even like to drive on the moist stuff
there we go

1 - 19 of 19 Posts