JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there with a 6 speed 4 door running 35's with 3.73 gears? If so, please let me know what you think. (acceleration, highway, off road,ect.)
Thanks!:beer:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a 2 door. with 35's/4" lift/ 3.73 gears and it does ok on all of them. Not great but suitable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warlock,
Do you have a 5 speed or auto tranny? I'm not sure about the heavier 4 door with a 6 speed. If I have to gear up I will, it'll just have to wait a bit. Unless I can sell it to the wife! Hmmm...

·
Registered
110 Posts
No its a six speed. Its a manual and the only difference i can see is that the acceleration is a bit off, and i cant really use sixth gear on the highway. Oh well..... I'm eventually going to regear when i put a new locker and maybe axle or something but until then im fine with it.

Off roading you have to give it a little bit more of the skinny pedal.

If your going to regear wait until you have enough money to get something else and get a good deal with the whole package, that is if your having someone professionaly install it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i"ve got that setup, and it was dog-ish to begin with. i installed a hypertech max power programmer and it helped out alot. it's quicker thru the gears and 6th is now useable. i've heard good things about the airaid cool air intakes and its next on my list. those "BIG MONEY" mods will have to wait.:pissed:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks fo rthe info guys, 35's -yeah!!
gtay, was the hypertech pretty easy to use? How long have you been using it? Do you have any pics of your rig posted? I'd love to have a look!

·
Registered
45 Posts
the programming took only 20mins. i've had it since january with no problems, very well engineered. as for pics, this is the first forum i've ever been on and i'm not that comp savy. maybe i will get my 11 year old to help out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i did it to mine does not work veary good on the off road lost my low end and on the hi way wont pull 6th can i get 4/56 for my jeep do thay make them marty 4door jk lucernevalley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts