JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around a bit and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Does anyone have a source for a black flexible antenna that gets decent reception? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:beer: Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Very cool. Could someone post up a link? This will solve my "antenna bouncing off my windshield mounted KC lights" situation.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Also, look at the AMI Stubby. I just installed one to avoid the same thing. I have the Smittybilt brackets which come with the antenna holder bracket, but it bends the antenna forward unless you bend the antenna all to hell to make it work. Didn't care much for that idea so I got a 6" black powder coated AMI stubby and adapter. Very stout and sits well below the aux lights. If I get a chance I'll snap off a picture this weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried the antennax and the one from quadratec and both stubby antennas gave me really bad reception where I am in NY. I returned them because I couldn't take the static! JMO

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I need to do something as well because the stock antenna keeps banging against the roof rack and it is really annoying!!!

Sent via your mom :beer:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a lifetime membership to Sirius ($450-ish) so I just took my antenna off. Yeah, the mount remains but it's better than having that thing so close to my lights and in CA, reception sucks even with a good antenna. Every 15 minutes you find yourself with a new station even if you haven't touched the dial!! ;-)

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I think I am just going to take my antenna off because I use iheartradio on my iPhone and it is free and all of the stations that I listen to here in Florida and from back home on long island is on it! Clear as Sirius and without the price! Haha

Sent via your mom :beer:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
You can get another trail rated badge to cover the hole where the antenna base was after you remove it. The AMI stubby I picked up is powder coated stainless which may account for why I haven't had a reception issue. I thought about just doing the remove and badge mod but the stubby was only 20 bucks and was less work.

·
Registered
916 Posts
i had the antennax but after a year it was all warped and reception just wasnt as good as the factory antenna so i went back to OEM.
Then just yesterday the factory antenna caught a flying piece of card board on the hightway which caused the antenna to whip the windshield.

im having a new windshield installed as i type....

Ill give the AMI antenna a try

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
hey, just cut yours in half, get some black heat shrink tubing and put a little black cap on it. I try and get a pic tonight of mine, but i like it, works good, and didnt have to spend more then $5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts