JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I mounted so KC's and wired them. Have done this before so no prob. Last time I wired my KC's I tapped directly into the driver side cig. lighter wire for the switch power (the red wire from the switch). The red switch wire doesn't have a fuse though... and with all these dashes catching fire... is there a better (safer) way to get power to the switch?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
yeah you get get an adapter from an auto parts store the goes right to your fuse box its basically a fuse with a wire coming out of it. then you run that wire to the switch. i use this because it has a fuse in it and if you choose an empty fuse location that shuts off when the jeep is turned off you dont have to worry about fires or anything like that. here is a pic

0956b1fuse.jpg

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
yeah you get get an adapter from an auto parts store the goes right to your fuse box its basically a fuse with a wire coming out of it. then you run that wire to the switch. i use this because it has a fuse in it and if you choose an empty fuse location that shuts off when the jeep is turned off you dont have to worry about fires or anything like that.
x2 and there are some empty hot and switched hots in the fuse box; just use the tap and leave the lower one empty.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
these can hold up to 2 10 amp fuses, but to power a relay you only need a 3 amp

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
o and id drill a hole in the fuse box to run that wire through and then silicone it up nice

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeah you get get an adapter from an auto parts store the goes right to your fuse box its basically a fuse with a wire coming out of it. then you run that wire to the switch. i use this because it has a fuse in it and if you choose an empty fuse location that shuts off when the jeep is turned off you dont have to worry about fires or anything like that. here is a pic

View attachment 16129
I'm running KC's Backup lights wiring harness 517 kit with the switch kit for my LOD rear lights. Here's the links.

http://www.kchilites.com/Wiring-Harness-for-517-Back-up-SystembrPart-6309-P793C83.aspx

http://www.kchilites.com/Switch-kit-6303brfor-517-Back-up-System-P362C83.aspx

It was very easy to hook up using the instructions but they have the power for the switch going directly to the battery with a 20 amp fuse. The lights power are also going to the battery using a 20 amp fuse. So for keyed power can I use this connector and 2 10 amp fuses going to the switch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts