JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I replaced the factory head unit. The new HU is a JVC KW-AVX820. I have the factory Infinity system and used a PAC C2R-CHY4 harness to keep the stock amp. It's a really nice improvement in the sound. With this new HU I can use my portable Sirius receiver and 32GB flash drive. The flash drive holds all of my music and can be moved between vehicles, etc.

The install was pretty straight forward, except having to remove a bracket in the dash and the opening being barely big enough for the new HU.

At some point I might change amps and speakers. Still using the stock speakers with the front boxes Dynamated and the soundbar stuffed with Polyfill.

Here's the harness ready to go in:

Playing a DVD:

Sirius:

The Sirius receiver and flash drive in the glove box:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you need a lockpick or anything to make the video play while the vehicle is in motion? Did you get the optional bluetooth with the unit and if so how is the quality?

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Did you need a lockpick or anything to make the video play while the vehicle is in motion? Did you get the optional bluetooth with the unit and if so how is the quality?
no lock pick needed for the JVc

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bluetooth is built in with this model. To get video in motion you just ground the green emergency brake sense wire. I've since held my nose and got an ipod. The integration works great. I've also removed the Infinity amp so that the JVC HU is driving the speakers, added a sub amp and replaced the factory sub. Guess I need to add some new pics.

Overall I'm really happy with the whole setup. The 1 annoyance is that there is no clock display when it's off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts