JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2010 Wrangler sport that has a constant seat belt chime even though my belt is buckled, really annoying. I have tried the recommended procedure of buckling and unbuckling three times, jumpered the plug under the seat and removed fuse 4 nothing works. I want to locate the chime and smash it with my favorite hammer. Can anyone tell me find the location of this most annoying device? Once I stop moving the sound stops.Sounds like its behind the gauge area. Thanks in advance for any help.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess your right about the sensor unless it was the sensor for the sensor or something. The Dealer had no idea where to start and I could tell it was getting ready to get expensive with diagnostic fee and such. As it turns out the noise maker is incorporated into the dash display circuit board. No way I could use my trusty hammer as I wanted so I instead carefully cut the back half of the noise maker off with a dremel tool and removed the thin metal diaphragm from inside. Silence at last. I actually tried filling it with epoxy but it was still audible. Anyway I hope this maybe could help someone else with this noisy annoying problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.